[comp.sources.wanted] Dhrystone, Whetstone, etc.

space@nadia.stgt.sub.org (Lars Soltau) (09/12/90)

Hello, fellow-netters.

I am searching for well-known benchmarks like Dhrystone, Whetstone etc.
Any pointers would be appreciated, ftp sites welcome.

Tnx for your help.

Lars Soltau

trh@ukc.ac.uk (T.R.Hopkins) (09/13/90)

In article <1350@nadia.stgt.sub.org> space@nadia.stgt.sub.org (Lars Soltau) writes:
>Hello, fellow-netters.
>
>I am searching for well-known benchmarks like Dhrystone, Whetstone etc.
>Any pointers would be appreciated, ftp sites welcome.
>
>Tnx for your help.
>
>Lars Soltau

A collection of benchmark codes (including Dhry and Whet stone) are
available from the netlib servers. The ukc server has a combination of the
benchmarks from the research netlib and the nbs server. The quality of the
tests (and even how you run some of them) is a little questionable.

Send mail to netlib@ukc.ac.uk (uk and europe) or netlib@research.att.com
(usa) of the form

send index
send index from benchmark
The first gets details of how to access the system. The second gives
a list of the available benchmark programs.

Tim