[comp.sources.wanted] needed: source for small assembler

SAACC@CUNYVM (Shermane Austin) (09/28/90)

A student of mine is looking for source code for a small assembler.
He has a small C-source code assembler, but it's for a Z-80 and CPM.
Does anyone know if there is something like this for PC's, and if so
where it could be obtained?

keithm@ashtate.UUCP (Keith Mund) (09/28/90)

In article <> SAACC@CUNYVM (Shermane Austin) writes:
>A student of mine is looking for source code for a small assembler.
>He has a small C-source code assembler, but it's for a Z-80 and CPM.
>Does anyone know if there is something like this for PC's, and if so
>where it could be obtained?

A recent issue of Dr. Dobbs has something that sounds like this. I
did not read the article, but it is some form of generic assembler.

Keith Mund

winans@mcs.anl.gov (John Winans) (10/02/90)

In article <1291@ashtate.UUCP>, keithm@ashtate.UUCP (Keith Mund) writes:
|> In article <> SAACC@CUNYVM (Shermane Austin) writes:
|> >A student of mine is looking for source code for a small assembler.
|> >He has a small C-source code assembler, but it's for a Z-80 and CPM.
|> >Does anyone know if there is something like this for PC's, and if so
|> >where it could be obtained?
|>
|> A recent issue of Dr. Dobbs has something that sounds like this. I
|> did not read the article, but it is some form of generic assembler.

type in "rlogin quiche.cs.mcgill.ca -l archie" then read the screen.
Try (for example) "prog asm" as a command.

For PCs, I think you will find what you want from a machine named
"terminator.cc.umich.edu" out at the University of Michigan.

--
! John Winans                     Advanced Computing Research Facility  !
! winans@mcs.anl.gov              Argonne National Laboratory, Illinois !