[comp.sources.wanted] WANTED: Program to convert gif's into bitmaps.

deadhead@opposite..caltech.edu (stephen thompson) (09/30/90)

Hey HO!

Does anyone have or know of a program capable of converting
GIF's into BITMAPS? I would really appreciate finding such
a program. If you have one or know of one, could you please
either post your response here or send e-mail to this address:

deadhead@tybalt.caltech.edu

Thanks, one and all!
--
}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}================---------------->>> sTePhEn ThOmPsOn

" ...and in the end the love you take is equal to the love you make. "

grahj@gagme.chi.il.us (jim graham) (10/03/90)

Tried to do this direct, but it got rejected somewhere....so.....

In article <deadhead.654681922@opposite> deadhead@opposite..caltech.edu (stephen thompson) writes:

>Does anyone have or know of a program capable of converting
>GIF's into BITMAPS?

Yeah.... I've got one.  Do you have the MIT tapes for X11R4?  In tape 2
(I think it was 2) there is a program called contrib/clients/pbmplus
(actually, there are several subdirs under that, each with different sets of
utils under them).  Anyway, with it, you can convert gifs to bitmaps (I just
compiled it last Friday, and used it for the first time for gifs yesterday).

It also converts macs, and who knows what else (LONG list).

Jim Graham