[comp.sources.wanted] Attachport ??

keijo@vttux1.vtt.fi (keijo tuominen) (09/24/90)

> Does anyone know if somewhere is available a program that checks
> where from telnet/ftp/smtp connections are made and checks if
> machine requesting connection is allowed to enter to that
> particular host. So if it is not allowed to do connection
> the target machine should close connection and also make a log
> for that connection attempt.

If your servers are running under attachport rather than inetd, this is
easy. Just wrap telnetd inside a script like this:

  #!/bin/sh
  if printenv REMOTE | sed 's/.*@//' | fgrep -s -f -x /etc/telnetd.allowed
  then
    exec telnetd
  else
    # make some appropriate log entry
  fi

You put a list of allowed Internet numbers into /etc/telnetd.allowed,
one per line. For more flexibility, use grep instead of fgrep, and use
(anchored) regexps. attachport is available in the auth package, which
appeared a few months ago in comp.sources.unix.

I got this kind of reply to my question about whatch dog but
what is that attachport and where can I find it ?
If anyone have that auth  package I would like to have it
--
 *        Tuominen Keijo              *           E-mail adress:            *
 *        Vuorimiehentie 5            *        Keijo.Tuominen@vtt.fi        *

In article <5130@hemuli.tik.vtt.fi> keijo@vttux1.vtt.fi (keijo tuominen) writes:
> I got this kind of reply to my question about whatch dog but
> what is that attachport and where can I find it ?
> If anyone have that auth  package I would like to have it

I'm not sure my mail got through. ftp to uunet.uu.net, and get
everything in comp.sources.unix/volume22/auth*/*. I don't know of any
closer archive sites that you can use.

---Dan