[comp.sources.wanted] need a program/script to automatically unpack maps for pathalias

chandler@beagle.UUCP (Jim Chandler) (10/09/90)

I just rebuilt my harddisk and unfortunately lost alot of programs.  Does
anyone out there have a program to unpack the maps from the news directory
automatically and then run pathalias to make a path file for smail?  I think
that I had unpackmaps or makemaps before.  Thanks for you help.

jpr@jpradley.uucp (Jean-Pierre Radley) (10/19/90)

In article <714@beagle.UUCP> chandler@beagle.UUCP (Jim Chandler) writes:
>I just rebuilt my harddisk and unfortunately lost alot of programs.  Does
>anyone out there have a program to unpack the maps from the news directory
>automatically and then run pathalias to make a path file for smail?  I think
>that I had unpackmaps or makemaps before.  Thanks for you help.

If "unpackmaps" or "makemaps" are widely distrubuted programs, they haven't
come across this site, which has only been receiving news for a couple of
weeks.
In any case, this program, "remap", is in my /usr/spool/news/comp/mail/maps
directory, and is run once a day by cron:

: remap -- if articles exist newer than paths file, extract and process

PATHS=/usr/lib/uucp/paths

for F in `ls -t [1-9]* $PATHS | sed -n -e "\-$PATHS-q" -e p | sort -n`
	do	sed 1,18d $F | sh
	done

pathalias -i u* | lcasep | sort -o $PATHS

--
 Jean-Pierre Radley          HIGH-Q	     jpr@jpradley	CIS: 72160,1341