[comp.sources.wanted] Spreadsheet info

mjr@planet.bt.co.uk (Martyn Reason) (10/18/90)

Does anyone know if there is a spreadsheet package available for a Sun
SPARCstation1 (or 1+) running SunOS 4.1 with X11R4 or Sunview? Public
domain would be nice, but info on any would be appreciated. Output in
PostScript is desirable.

Martyn

--
+--------------------------------+--------------------------------------+
Martyn Reason                      British Telecom Research Labs.

mjr@planet.bt.co.uk (Martyn Reason) (10/18/90)

Sorry, in my post I hossed up the reply-to line somehow. The post was:-

jdm5548@diamond.tamu.edu (James Darrell McCauley) (10/19/90)

look for sc.tar-z at wuarchive.wustl.edu in ~/mirrors/unix-c/
--
--- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
James Darrell McCauley                 jdm5548@diamond.tamu.edu

burke@seachg.uucp (10/22/90)

In article <1990Oct18.132954.11021@planet.bt.co.uk> mjr@planet.bt.co.uk writes:

>Does anyone know if there is a spreadsheet package available for a Sun
>SPARCstation1 (or 1+) running SunOS 4.1 with X11R4 or Sunview? Public
>domain would be nice, but info on any would be appreciated. Output in
>PostScript is desirable.
>
>Martyn

The public domain package 'sc' is available through the net. We use it
here and it is quite useful. It uses standard 'curses' for the screen
interface, but seems to have a few bugs which cause the screen to get
scrambled. My standard practise is to exit and re-enter each time the
screen gets messed up.

The source handles several flavours of unix and compiled cleanly without
modification on our Tower systems (both V.2 and V.3 versions).

I am sure that the package is available through some local ftp facility,
we got our source a couple of months ago as a posting.

While this does not meet you requirement exactly, it may prove to be a
good starting point. Someone must have a 'curses' to Sunview or X11R4
porting tool by now.

Michael Burke
Sea Change Corporation
Mississauga, Ontario