[comp.sources.wanted] Fast Fourier Transform source

tom@nososl.UUCP (Tom Aaslund) (10/18/90)

I am looking for a "C" (K&R) source code of "Fast Fourier Transform".
FFT was first described by Cooley & Tukey in 1965, but that's about
all I know. So I would appreciate some doc. as well.

Thanks.

In article <80@nososl.UUCP> tom@nordic-offshore.no (Tom Aaslund) writes:
> I am looking for a "C" (K&R) source code of "Fast Fourier Transform".
> FFT was first described by Cooley & Tukey in 1965, but that's about
> all I know. So I would appreciate some doc. as well.

Actually, the FFT was first described by Gauss. It was popularized by
Cooley and Tukey.

Try Numerical Recipes in C.

---Dan

michael@fe2o3.laurel.md.us (Michael Katzmann) (10/23/90)

In article <28372:Oct1904:47:5590@kramden.acf.nyu.edu> brnstnd@kramden.acf.nyu.edu (Dan Bernstein) writes:
   >In article <80@nososl.UUCP> tom@nordic-offshore.no (Tom Aaslund) writes:
   >> I am looking for a "C" (K&R) source code of "Fast Fourier Transform".
   >> FFT was first described by Cooley & Tukey in 1965, but that's about
   >> all I know. So I would appreciate some doc. as well.
   >
   >Actually, the FFT was first described by Gauss. It was popularized by
   >Cooley and Tukey.

	Are you sure you are not confusing the Fourier Transform with
the Fast Fourier Transform.  From what I remember Cooley and Tukey WERE
the first to describe the Fast FT.