[comp.sources.wanted] 8031 Tools

igb@fulcrum.bt.co.uk (Ian G Batten) (10/23/90)

For my accumulated sins and debts, I will be spending some time working
on a single-board 8031 project.  I need to build a reasonable support
environment including emulation, cross-compilation, what have you as
this is a non-trivial job and there may be follow-on work.

So, tell me what you've got!  DOS, Unix, VMS, I'm not fussy.  Free,
Share, Commercial, I'll look at it all!  Kudos and presents from
Birmingham for the free stuff, real money for the commercial stuff.
I'll even accept salemen pitching to me.

Thanks for any and all pointers

ian

jgd@rsiatl.UUCP (John G. DeArmond) (10/24/90)

igb@fulcrum.bt.co.uk (Ian G Batten) writes:

>For my accumulated sins and debts, I will be spending some time working
>on a single-board 8031 project.  I need to build a reasonable support
>environment including emulation, cross-compilation, what have you as
>this is a non-trivial job and there may be follow-on work.

>So, tell me what you've got!  DOS, Unix, VMS, I'm not fussy.  Free,
>Share, Commercial, I'll look at it all!  Kudos and presents from
>Birmingham for the free stuff, real money for the commercial stuff.
>I'll even accept salemen pitching to me.

You might want to look at Pseudomax's line of assemblers, debuggers
and simulators.  I'm using their 8x47 version and like it.  The simulator
is nice.  You can run your code and specify bit patterns to appear on
inputs of the ports for testing.  You can trigger the "interrupt" and
watch your handler run.

There is no source level connectivity between the simulator and
assembler so you could use any assembler such as TASM (Public
domain from the net).  The simulator takes raw binary and displays
it via disassembly.

One minor nit.  The assembler syntax is different than intel's and
resembles AT&T's unix assembler syntax (3B2 style).  It works but
it's different.

This stuff is $100 a module or about $150 for a processor kit.
Runs on DOS and I find it runs well under VPIX and Interactive Unix.
Check the programming magazines for an address.

John

--
John De Armond, WD4OQC  | "The truly ignorant in our society are those people
Radiation Systems, Inc. | who would throw away the parts of the Constitution