[comp.sources.wanted] GOOD BBS software for UNIX??

jjj@blob.hut.fi (Joni Jaakko J{rvenkyl{) (10/26/90)

Is there such a thing as a good BBS software for UNIX?

Recommendations? Availability? Does it include the source code?

--
jjj@niksula.hut.fi
jjj@otax.tky.hut.fi

fire me, fire					until you die

tjon@plains.NoDak.edu (Christopher C. Tjon) (10/27/90)

In article <1990Oct26.144449.29950@santra.uucp> jjj@niksula.hut.fi (Joni Jaakko J{rvenkyl{) writes:

> Is there such a thing as a good BBS software for UNIX?
>
> Recommendations? Availability? Does it include the source code?
>

> --
> jjj@niksula.hut.fi
> jjj@otax.tky.hut.fi
>
> fire me, fire					until you die

	If you ftp to plains.nodak.edu you can obtain QBBS. QBBS is currently
running on interactive 386 ix.  It was written by members of the ACM and it
is something worth bragging about.  If you wish to see what it looks like
you can dial in 701-237-7790 and select class 20.  The remainder of the
process is self explanitory.  If you have any further questions feel free to
contact me by email.   I would recommend dialing up and trying it.  That
should be enough to convince you to try it.

For a more technical point of contact you can email overby@plains.nodak.edu

Enjoy

--
Chris Tjon
      UUCP:     	...!uunet!plains!tjon        Box 5224