[comp.sources.wanted] m68k simulator wanted

winter@pebbles.cs.wisc.edu (Robert Winter) (10/27/90)

I need an m68k simulator rather urgently (in the next two weeks).

thank you,
Robert

friedl@mtndew.Tustin.CA.US (Stephen Friedl) (10/27/90)

In article <11584@spool.cs.wisc.edu>, winter@pebbles.cs.wisc.edu (Robert Winter) writes:
> I need an m68k simulator rather urgently (in the next two weeks).

Motorola has an really excellent simulator, and they actually
did it *in hardware*.

     Stephen :-)

P.S. - and on one chip, too!

--
Stephen J. Friedl, KA8CMY / I speak for me only / Tustin, CA / 3B2-kind-of-guy
+1 714 544 6561  / friedl@mtndew.Tustin.CA.US  / {uunet,attmail}!mtndew!friedl

"Read my lips: KNOW New Taxes" - George Bush   (OK, so I took it from Playboy)

ron@Eyring.COM (Ron Holt) (10/29/90)

In article <11584@spool.cs.wisc.edu> winter@pebbles.cs.wisc.edu (Robert Winter) writes:
>I need an m68k simulator rather urgently (in the next two weeks).

I'm not sure about a 68k simulator, but I have used Motorola's 88k
simulator that runs under System V.  When I was working at Sanyo/Icon,
we actually brought up a good portion of our Unix kernel before our
hardware was even finished using Motorola's 88k simulator.  I believe
we got our copy from the folks at Motorola's Microcomputer Division in
Tempe, AZ.  You might also want to contact the folks who do the chips
in Austin, TX to find out about a 68k simulator.  Hopefully one of the
many Motorola employees who read this group will provide some information.
--
Ron Holt	ron@Eyring.COM  uunet!lanai!ron
Eyring Inc.	+1 801-375-2434 x434