[comp.sources.wanted] Latest GENMAN release?

sda@edc.UUCP (Stephen Ayers) (10/30/90)

I have recently picked up a copy of genman 2.0. It produces man style documents
from C++ .h files. I have found a couple of small problems with it. Before I go
off and learn awk and fix them myself I would like to find out what the latest
version is. Mail to the author, Bob Mastors (mastors@epochsys), was bounced
at epochsys.

I would also be interested in any enhancements/fixes that may have been done.

In case people are interested, by using genman we are now able to simply type
"man class" and get a standard format description of a class. Sort of a poor
man's class browser.

--
Stephen Ayers
Atex European Development Centre, A Kodak Company

pena@fuug.fi (Olli-Matti Penttinen) (10/31/90)

In article <1654@edc.edc.UUCP> sda@edc.UUCP (Stephen Ayers) writes:

    >I have recently picked up a copy of genman 2.0. It produces man
    >style documents from C++ .h files.

My apologies if this has been discussed before, but I would really
like to know

    1) what exactly does this program do
    2) what language(s) is it implemented in
    3) where to get it

If answer to question 3 is an anonymous ftp site, 1 & 2 become obsolete.
I'd prefer email.

==pena
--
Olli-Matti Penttinen <pena@fuug.innopoli.fi>
Brainware Oy                      "When in doubt, use brute force."

mastors@rmtc.Central.Sun.COM (Bob Mastors) (11/01/90)

Concerning the genman program:
>    1) what exactly does this program do
>    2) what language(s) is it implemented in
>    3) where to get it

The purpose of the genman.awk program is to generate man page style
documentation about a C++ class from its include file.

Implemented in awk.

Posted to comp.sources.misc in July.
You can get it from uunet:

	/usr/spool/ftp/comp.sources.misc/volume13/genman-2.0:
	-rw-r--r--  1 allbery     16031 Jul  2 19:59 part01.Z

My address has changed.  I am still interested in bug reports and
enhancement requests.

Bob

           Bob Mastors   mastors@rmtc.central.sun.com      Work: 719-528-4664
     /\
  /\/  \   Rocky Mountain Technology Center                Fax:  719-548-1009
 /  \   \  Sun Microsystems  5465 Mark Dabling Blvd.; Colo. Springs, CO 80918