[comp.sources.wanted] sendmail for System V?

fenris@csusac.csus.edu (Chris Anderson) (11/13/90)

Is there a version of sendmail that has been ported to System V.2?
I'm not so concerned about tcp support, but the rest would be nice.

Any pointers to where I can find this would be appreciated... I have
ftp access.

Thanks in advance.

Chris

oc@vmp.com (Orlan Cannon) (11/15/90)

In article <1990Nov12.183404.27546@csusac.csus.edu> fenris@csusac.UUCP (Chris Anderson) writes:
>Is there a version of sendmail that has been ported to System V.2?
>I'm not so concerned about tcp support, but the rest would be nice.

I recommend you try smail 3.1.  It is easier to configure than standard
sendmail, very versatile, fits both Berkeley and SysV environments,
and is a direct replacement for sendmail.  Of course, if you really
*want* to play around with a sendmail.cf ...

--
Orlan Cannon                            oc@vmp.com
Video Marketing & Publications, Inc.    (800) 627-4551