[comp.sources.wanted] Looking for an IBM PC utility that remembers DOS commands...

cruz@hpuxa.ircc.ohio-state.edu (Alex Cruz) (11/16/90)

Hi!

A few years ago, I run across a public domain utility called 'QED' or
similar that enable PC users to retain a history of DOS commands and recall
those by pressing the UP and DOWN arrow keys.

This utility is similar to the command recall feature in the DBASE III,III+
series and the VMS operating systems in VAXES; the only difference is that
it is a .COM file and it stays resident.

Well, I am looking for it now.  If any of you know where I could find
it, could you reply to me or post a reply?

Thanks a lot.

Alex Cruz
Center for Advanced Study in Telecommunications

ts@uwasa.fi (Timo Salmi) (11/16/90)

In article <1990Nov15.205103.18859@magnus.ircc.ohio-state.edu> cruz@hpuxa.ircc.ohio-state.edu (Alex Cruz) writes:

>A few years ago, I run across a public domain utility called 'QED' or
>similar that enable PC users to retain a history of DOS commands and recall
>those by pressing the UP and DOWN arrow keys.

It is /pc/pd2/ced10da.zip you're looking for.  Available from
uwasa.fi archives by anonymous ftp or mail server.

BTW, qed is a text editor.  A very good one at that.  Can be found
in the same directory.

Prof. Timo Salmi        (Moderating at anon. ftp site 128.214.12.3)

darcy@druid.uucp (D'Arcy J.M. Cain) (11/16/90)

In article <1990Nov15.205103.18859@magnus.ircc.ohio-state.edu> Alex Cruz writes:
>A few years ago, I run across a public domain utility called 'QED' or
>similar that enable PC users to retain a history of DOS commands and recall
>those by pressing the UP and DOWN arrow keys.

Check SIMTEL for some of the following:

      PK-CED.ARC     CED synonyms for use with PKWare archiving
      CED-ADDS.ARC   Some add-ins for CED DOS command editor
      CED10DA.ARC    Command editor for DOS commands
      CEDINS.ARC     Modify CED v1.0D to insert mode default
      CEDWARS2.ARC   Sample configs & tips for CED10D.ARC
      UNCLE13.ARC    DOS command line editor/recall, like CED
      PKZ-CED.ARC    CED editor synonyms for use with PKZIP

--
D'Arcy J.M. Cain (darcy@druid)     |
D'Arcy Cain Consulting             |   I support gun control.