[comp.sources.wanted] Games

ma170aax@sdcc3.ucsd.EDU (Dennis Lou) (07/15/88)

Does anyone know of any good multi user games for Unix*?
We've got hunt and sail going.  We love hunt but sail is kind of
slow.  I've heard of phantasia (not much user to user interaction)
and xtrek (no idea what it is).  Where can I anonymous ftp them and
are there any others out there?

--
Dennis Lou
    ma170aax@sdcc3.ucsd.edu		[backbone] !sdcsvax!sdcc3!ma170aax

play@cwi.nl (The MC Funhouse Master) (07/16/88)

In article <4247@sdcc3.ucsd.EDU> ma170aax@sdcc3.ucsd.EDU (Dennis Lou) writes:

 > Does anyone know of any good multi user games for Unix*?
 > We've got hunt and sail going.  We love hunt but sail is kind of
 > slow.  I've heard of phantasia (not much user to user interaction)
 > and xtrek (no idea what it is).  Where can I anonymous ftp them and
 > are there any others out there?
Phantasia is from the times of net.sources.games.  It is multiple player
but not really interesting (in my opinion).  Xtrek can be found in
volume 1 of comp.sources.games.  It is for X-windows.  You can obtain
it from all archival sites (see the recent information posting in
comp.sources.games).
--
Game Keeper
Mail: play@cwi.nl

ed@maven.UUCP (Ed Hand) (07/22/88)

In article <556@sering.cwi.nl>, play@cwi.nl (The MC Funhouse Master) writes:
> Phantasia is from the times of net.sources.games.  It is multiple player
> but not really interesting (in my opinion).  Xtrek can be found in
> volume 1 of comp.sources.games.  It is for X-windows.  You can obtain
> it from all archival sites (see the recent information posting in
> comp.sources.games).
> --
> Game Keeper
> Mail: play@cwi.nl

      As I am only a user on this site and am not familiar with the structure
of the USENET network, still learning by hacking.  How do I find an archival
site and can anyone provide listings of the contents of the
comp.sources.games archives?

						Ed
					If I wasn't a little crazy,
						.....I'd go nuts!

<TAMIL@QUCDN.QueensU.CA> (11/17/90)

Hi,
I am in the look out for some games (arcade type ) that will run under sunwindo
ws and SunOS. We are using Sun SLC on a network. I would like TERIS verymuch bu
t I would accept any games. I can do a anonymous FTP to get the software. Thank
s very much in advance.

Jay