[comp.sources.wanted] nroff

tim@vicom.com (Tim Richardson) (10/21/90)

Is there a program similar to the Unix "nroff" available for the DOS
world?  If anyone knows of such, please contact me at the below
address.

Thanks
--
Tim Richardson
  ames!vsi1!tim   tim@vicom.com

john@newave.UUCP (John A. Weeks III) (10/24/90)

In article <1990Oct20.192628.7715@vicom.com> tim@vicom.com (Tim Richardson) writes:
>Is there a program similar to the Unix "nroff" available for the DOS
>world?  If anyone knows of such, please contact me at the below
>address.

Yes, it is called "nroff".  You can get it commercially from a number of
sources (Mark Williams Co, called nroff, Elan, called eroff, jetroff from
I forget who).  The MKS Tool Kit might also have nroff now.

There was a source version of jetroff posted about a year ago, and groff
is available by FTP.  Both of these might work on the PC.

-john-

John A. Weeks III               (612) 942-6969               john@newave.mn.org
NeWave Communications                ...uunet!rosevax!bungia!wd0gol!newave!john

andy@mks.com (Andy Toy) (10/25/90)

In article <501@newave.UUCP> john@newave.mn.org (John A. Weeks III) writes:
>In article <1990Oct20.192628.7715@vicom.com> tim@vicom.com (Tim Richardson) writes:
>>Is there a program similar to the Unix "nroff" available for the DOS
>>world?
>
>The MKS Tool Kit might also have nroff now.

The MKS Toolkit does not contain nroff, but MKS SoftQuad Publishing
Software (SQPS) is available for DOS and UNIX.  It has all the features
of AT&T DWB 2.0 troff.  More information may be obtained by mailing to
inquiry@mks.com.
--
Andy Toy, Mortice Kern Systems Inc.,       Internet: andy@mks.com
  35 King Street North, Waterloo,       UUCP: uunet!watmath!mks!andy

hot@integow.uucp (Roland van Hout) (11/19/90)

Hello people,

Does somebody know a conversion tool to convert nroff text
(with mm macros) into a WordPerfect document?
Possible the other way around to?
PC binaries or sources (or leads to the stuff) are welcome

--
UUCP: ..!uunet!mcsun!hp4nl!integow!hot	or  hot@integow.UUCP or hot@hot.mug
Roland van Hout, Sr. software engineer, Integrity software consultants,