[comp.sources.wanted] Automatic Setclock program

lance@unigold.UUCP (Lance Ellinghouse) (11/28/90)

I remember a program floating around a LONG time ago that would
dial up the Time Standards system (cannot remember the real name,
but they keep the standard time for everyone) using a modem
and then it recieves the correct time from them and resets the local
time on the computer for you.

I would like to get such a program now that I have a need for it :)

I remember one that working on UNIX (SCO Xenix to be more exact if I
remember correctly, but have moved to SCO UNIX now and would like it
for that).

If you have it or know of a location where I can get it, PLEASE
drop me a note or e-mail me the code.

Thanks!

|Lance Ellinghouse                          |
|E-mail: lance@unigold.uucp                 |
|        lance@unigold.sr.com               |
|        hermix!unigold!lance@anes.ucla.edu |

john@karnak.cactus.org (John B. Meaders Jr.) (11/29/90)

In article <25@unigold.UUCP> lance@unigold.UUCP (Lance Ellinghouse) writes:
>I remember a program floating around a LONG time ago that would
>dial up the Time Standards system (cannot remember the real name,
>but they keep the standard time for everyone) using a modem
>and then it recieves the correct time from them and resets the local
>time on the computer for you.
>
>I would like to get such a program now that I have a need for it :)

Does anyone have this for Esix 5.3.2 Rev D?  I would be interested in having
this.  The ones I have seen rely on some BSD'isms.
--
2LT John B. Meaders, Jr.  510 Manchester Ct., Hopewell, VA  23860
Voice:  804-458-2983  Net: john@karnak.cactus.org or john@karnak.sigma.com