[comp.sources.wanted] Metaphone

rcsmith@anagld.analytics.com (Ray Smith) (11/30/90)

tomr@ashtate.A-T.COM (Tom Rombouts) writes:

>My e-mail bounced, hope you read this.  The December 1990 issue of
>"Computer Language" features an article titled "Hanging on the
>Metaphone" that presents a (fairly lengthy) phonetic matching
>algorithm that claims to be better than the classic soundex.
>The author is Lawrence Phillips, and the article starts on page 39.

>Tom Rombouts  Torrance Techie  tomr@ashtate.A-T.com   V:(213)538-7108

I read the referenced article and I am interested in trying this
algorithm out as a replacement to a Soundex system we are using in a
full-text retrieval system. Since we don't have Pick BASIC I was
wondering if anyone has already converted it to C or should I make
it my weekend project?

-Ray
--
Ray Smith                                       | Analytics, Inc.
rcsmith@analytics.com                           | 9891 Broken Land Parkway