[comp.sources.wanted] Wanted: FTP mail server sources

gafter@frog.csc.ti.com (Neal Gafter) (11/30/90)

I would like to run an FTP server that takes its commands from the
contents of incoming mail messages and returns fetched files via
uuencoded mail.  Something like the Princeton BITFTP server, but it
needs to run on a unix box.  Does anyone know where I can find such a
thing?

	Neal

gafter@frog.csc.ti.com (Neal Gafter) (11/30/90)

I would like to run an FTP server that takes its commands from the
contents of incoming mail messages and returns fetched files via
uuencoded mail.  Something like the Princeton BITFTP server, but it
needs to run on a unix box.  Does anyone know where I can find such a
thing?

	Neal Gafter
	<gafter@csc.ti.com>

hv@uwasa.fi (Harri Valkama LAKE) (11/30/90)

In article <GAFTER.90Nov29181528@frog.csc.ti.com> from writes:
>I would like to run an FTP server that takes its commands from the
>contents of incoming mail messages and returns fetched files via
>uuencoded mail.  Something like the Princeton BITFTP server, but it
>needs to run on a unix box.  Does anyone know where I can find such a
>thing?

I can send you a  simple one.  It's  called  KISS  and  with a  little
modification we  have   used  it   for about two   months now  here at
chyde.uwasa.fi. Request average is about 500 per week.

--
== Harri Valkama, University of Vaasa, Finland ================================
  P.O. Box 700, 65101 VAASA, Finland  (tel:+358 61 248426 fax:+358 61 248465)