[comp.sources.wanted] PD Ratfor translator wanted ...

wjb@cogsci.cog.jhu.edu (William J. Bogstad) (12/09/90)

	I'm looking for a RATFOR to Fortran converter.  I know that there
used to be a lot of people working on the "Software Tools" project and using
RATFOR, but I can't find a RATFOR converter anywhere.  Please respond by
electronic mail.

				Thanks,
				Bill Bogstad

mitchell (Bill Mitchell) (12/11/90)

E-mail bounced, so I'm posting this.

In article <09.Dec.90.024746.15@cogsci.cog.jhu.edu> wjb@cogsci.cog.jhu.edu (William J. Bogstad) writes:

>	I'm looking for a RATFOR to Fortran converter.  I know that there
>used to be a lot of people working on the "Software Tools" project and using
>RATFOR, but I can't find a RATFOR converter anywhere.  Please respond by
>electronic mail.
>
>				Thanks,
>				Bill Bogstad

My 1976 edition of Software Tools contains the following statement on
its Contents page:

"All of the programs described in this book are available in machine-
readable form from Addison-Wesley."

I followed up on this in '76 or '77, and got a 9-track tape from them.
I had some character translation problems getting it dumped into my
account on a Xerox Sigma-IX, but nothing serious.  Ratfor came up
with little difficulty, and generated Fortran source acceptable to
the Fortran-IV compiler I was using.

No, I don't still have the tape.  Addison-Wesely might still have it.

--
mitchell@mdi.com (Bill Mitchell)

oz@yunexus.yorku.ca (Ozan Yigit) (12/13/90)

In article <09.Dec.90.024746.15@cogsci.cog.jhu.edu> wjb@cogsci.cog.jhu.edu (William J. Bogstad) writes:
>	I'm looking for a RATFOR to Fortran converter.  I know that there
>used to be a lot of people working on the "Software Tools" project and using
>RATFOR, but I can't find a RATFOR converter anywhere.  Please respond by
>electronic mail.

Bill, my public-domain Ratfor implementation (in C) had been posted to usenet
before, and should be available from various archieve sites. I did try
to send you a copy, but for some reason, our mailer does not like your
site address :-).

Let me know how I may be able to send it to you, if you have not
already received it thru some other channel.

oz
---
Any software feature, however poorly thought-out,	|  oz@nexus.yorku.ca
is acceptable and meaningful so long as it is covered	| ...utai!yunexus!oz
by the right type of distribution copyright. - anon.	| (4160 736 5257