[comp.sources.wanted] ksh pushd/popd

gwu@tcs.com (George Wu) (11/30/90)

-
     When I last used Korn shell at Bell Labs, the functions pushd and popd,
ala csh, were defined in a script file.  Now that we have HP machines, I've
switched back to ksh, but I can't seem to find these functions.  Does anyone
have the definitions?  Thanks much in advance.

							George
--
----
George J Wu                           | gwu@tcs.com or uunet!tcs!gwu

ilan343@violet.berkeley.edu (Geraldo Veiga) (12/14/90)

In article <1325@tcs.tcs.com> gwu@tcs.com (George Wu) writes:

>-
>     When I last used Korn shell at Bell Labs, the functions pushd and popd,
>ala csh, were defined in a script file.  Now that we have HP machines, I've
>switched back to ksh, but I can't seem to find these functions.  Does anyone
>have the definitions?  Thanks much in advance.
>
>							George

These scripts are probably the ones in the Kornshell book (page 244).
The reference is:

M.I. Bolsky, D.G. Korn. "The Kornshell - Command and Programming
Language".Prentice Hall, 1989.