[comp.sources.wanted] Need sources to stand-alone tftpd for ESIX

jtc@van-bc.wimsey.bc.ca (J.T. Conklin) (12/15/90)

I'm still on my quest to find some method of booting my NCD X Window
terminal from an Esix system.  For those who haven't heard of my
trouble, Esix's tftpd does not handle binary (octet) mode transfers,
which results in a corrupted executable being transferred to the
terminal.

I've ftp'd the tftpd sources from the bsd-sources archive on uunet,
but that version seems to need to be spawned from inetd.  So, I
downloaded the source to inetd.  I have both programs compiled, but I
can't seem to get them to work together.

I'd try to compile bootp, and boot the terminal that way, but I don't
think ESIX can respond to a reverse arp (I couldn't find SIOC?ARP
defined in <lan/net_ioctl.h>).

If anyone has source to a stand alone version of tftpd (or if someone
at ESIX has a patch or a replacement binary for their version of
tftpd) I'd really appreciate it.

	--jtc

--
J.T. Conklin	Toolsmith, Language Lawyer
		...!{uunet,ubc-cs}!van-bc!jtc, jtc@wimsey.bc.ca

jde@everex.uucp (-Jeff Ellis()) (12/18/90)

In article <929@van-bc.wimsey.bc.ca> jtc@van-bc.wimsey.bc.ca (J.T. Conklin) writes:

>I'm still on my quest to find some method of booting my NCD X Window
>terminal from an Esix system.  For those who haven't heard of my
>trouble, Esix's tftpd does not handle binary (octet) mode transfers,
>which results in a corrupted executable being transferred to the
>terminal.
>
>If anyone has source to a stand alone version of tftpd (or if someone
>at ESIX has a patch or a replacement binary for their version of
>tftpd) I'd really appreciate it.

Well we have a NCD X Terminal here and it is able to tftp its fonts
and nedded files from Esix Rev D with out problem. You might give NCD a
call, it could be a setup problem with the Terminal.

--
Jeff Ellis		ESIX SYSTEM/V  UUCP:uunet!zardoz!everex!jde
			US Mail: 1923 St. Andrew Place, Santa Ana, CA 92705