[comp.sources.wanted] Wanted: description of tree display algorithm

neves@ils.nwu.edu (David Neves) (12/27/90)

I need to display a tree of information with variable sized nodes.  I have
something that works now but it isn't very pretty.  Does someone have an online  description of  a tree display algorithm or a reference to one?
-thanks, david

msh30@ruts.ccc.amdahl.com (Mark Hahn) (12/27/90)

In article <517@anaxagoras.ils.nwu.edu> neves@ils.nwu.edu (David Neves) writes:
>I need to display a tree of information with variable sized nodes.  I have
>something that works now but it isn't very pretty.  Does someone have an online  description of  a tree display algorithm or a reference to one?
>-thanks, david

In the July 1990 issue of IEEE Software, there is an article on "Drawing
Dynamic Trees" by Sven Moen.  It's not online, but the article does
include source code in C, and it isn't very long.  I haven't used it
myself, but it sounds like it would work for your case.