[comp.sources.wanted] Wanted - System disk for SANYO MBC 1000 CP/M machine

G.Moretti@massey.ac.nz (Giovanni Moretti) (01/16/91)

Help

--- a friend has managed to obtain a SANYO MBC1000 system which
is apparently a CP/M machine, but he doesn't have any software for
it, and more specifically, a systems disk.

I'm assuming that this contains the utilities necessary to format
disks and generally fire up the machine.

If you would be prepared to send us a copy of such a disk (I know
this sounds a bit vague, but then I've never used CP/M :-), let me
know how we might go about easing the transfer.

Normally I'd use UUENCODE and PKZIP, but have no idea on how to get
the info from a PC to a CP/M disk.

Thanks
Giovanni

Giovanni Moretti, Consultant       | G.Moretti@massey.ac.nz, Pkt-ZL2BOI@ZL2BFJ
Computer Centre,  Massey University| Ph 64 63 69099 x8398, FAX 64 63 505607
Palmerston North, New Zealand      | QUITTERS NEVER WIN, WINNERS NEVER QUIT

donm@pnet07.cts.com (Don Maslin) (01/17/91)

G.Moretti@massey.ac.nz (Giovanni Moretti) writes:
>--- a friend has managed to obtain a SANYO MBC1000 system which
>is apparently a CP/M machine, but he doesn't have any software for
>it, and more specifically, a systems disk.

Alas, I have only the system disk for the MBC-1100 and that is not
compatible with the -1000.

>I'm assuming that this contains the utilities necessary to format
>disks and generally fire up the machine.

Exactly right.

>If you would be prepared to send us a copy of such a disk (I know
>this sounds a bit vague, but then I've never used CP/M :-), let me
>know how we might go about easing the transfer.
>
>Normally I'd use UUENCODE and PKZIP, but have no idea on how to get
>the info from a PC to a CP/M disk.

Probably, the best way is for the parties on both ends to get a copy of
Sydex' TeleDisk (v2.04 or later).  This shareware program permits making
a file of the original disk and creating a clone of the disk from the file
on the other end.  It is very powerful and utilitarian software!

If you are able to get a copy of the MBC-1000 disk, I'd sure appreciate a
copy also!

                                                - don

Keeper of the CP/M System Disk | UUCP: {nosc ucsd crash ncr-sd}!pnet07!donm
Archives for the Dino(saur)SIG | ARPA: simasd!pnet07!donm@nosc.mil
- San Diego Computer Society - | INET: donm@pnet07.cts.com