[comp.sources.wanted] Wanted: UNIX Multiuser BBS program

chuck@npdiss1.StPaul.NCR.COM (Chuck Rissmeyer) (01/15/91)

Does anyone know of a multiuser BBS program that runs under UNIX?
There are quite a few DOS based, but I can't find any UNIX based
BBS programs.

I would like the capability of allowing over 10 simultaneous users.

I would also appreciate suggestions on DOS based multiuser BBSs.

Thanks,

--
Chuck Rissmeyer  - c.rissmeyer@StPaul.NCR.COM
KE0VG            - KE0VG @ WB0GDB.mn.usa.na.earth

root@xtc.SUBLINK.ORG (Riccardo Pizzi) (02/03/91)

In message <831@npdiss1.StPaul.NCR.COM> dated 14 Jan 91 22:27:41 GMT
chuck@npdiss1.StPaul.NCR.COM (Chuck Rissmeyer) writes:

>Does anyone know of a multiuser BBS program that runs under UNIX?
>There are quite a few DOS based, but I can't find any UNIX based
>BBS programs.

I am developing such a beast in my spare time, but I cannot tell when it
will be released nor if it will be free. It supports Usenet, Fidonet, Email.
If you want to take a look call my public access system:
+39 541 27858 (TB+)
+39 541 27135 (HST)

>I would like the capability of allowing over 10 simultaneous users.

The only limit is the hardware's one.

Rick