[comp.sources.wanted] Looking for P.D. geneology program for msdos.

velasco@beowulf.ucsd.edu (Gabriel Velasco) (02/25/91)

I'm looking for a public domain program to do family trees.  I would
prefer msdos, but I can use mac.  I have ftp access so an ftp address
would be nice.

Thanks in advance,

 <>___,     /             /  | ... and he called out and said, "Gabriel, give |
 /___/ __  / _  __  ' _  /   | this man an understanding of the vision."      |
/\__/\(_/\/__)\/ (_/_(/_/|_  |_______________________________________Dan_8:16_|

cur022%cluster@ukc.ac.uk (Bob Eager) (03/02/91)

In article <velasco.667458380@beowulf>, velasco@beowulf.ucsd.edu (Gabriel Velasco) writes:
> I'm looking for a public domain program to do family trees.  I would
> prefer msdos, but I can use mac.  I have ftp access so an ftp address
> would be nice.

Look at the directory PD:<MSDOS.GENEALOGY> on wsmr-simtel20.army.mil or
one of its mirror sites.

Not PD, but cheap, is the Personal Ancestral File from the Latter Day Saints
in Salt Lake City. It is a *very* professional package, and at last look cost
$35 only. It is tunable to remove LDS fields, and there is no attempt to
plug the Mormon faith. I have had two updates, and it gets better. Can use
a mouse, too, and it comes with a semi free text research data utility and
interesting small utilities like explaining the relationship between any
two entries in the database.
Bob Eager                | University of Kent at Canterbury