[comp.sources.wanted] C debugger w/ X interface

kaveh@ms.uky.edu (Kaveh Baharestan) (02/27/91)

I heard that a few weeks ago a C debugger w an X interface came
across comp.sources.x, could some one please tell me where to
get this.  Also could someone tell me if it is any good.
--
                                        Kaveh.
/-----------------------------------------------------------\

In article <kaveh.667663875@s.ms.uky.edu>, kaveh@ms.uky.edu (Kaveh Baharestan) writes:
|> I heard that a few weeks ago a C debugger w an X interface came
|> across comp.sources.x, could some one please tell me where to
|> get this.  Also could someone tell me if it is any good.

  What was posted was xxgdb, an X interface to the gdb debugger.  This means
that you need to have gdb already in order to use xxgdb.  You can get gdb from
any FSF archive site (for example, prep.ai.mit.edu) via anonymous ftp.

  Xxgdb is based on xdbx, an X interface to the dbx debugger, which has also
been posted to comp.sources.x.  Once again, you need dbx in order to run xdbx,
and if your system doesn't have dbx, you probably can't get it for it.

  Both of these are available via anonymous ftp from any comp.sources.x
archive site, for example uunet.uu.net.

--
Jonathan Kamens			              USnail:
MIT Project Athena				11 Ashford Terrace

lws@comm.wang.com (Lyle Seaman) (03/05/91)

jik@athena.mit.edu (Jonathan I. Kamens) writes:

>In article <kaveh.667663875@s.ms.uky.edu>, kaveh@ms.uky.edu (Kaveh Baharestan) writes:
>|> I heard that a few weeks ago a C debugger w an X interface came
>|> across comp.sources.x, could some one please tell me where to
>|> get this.  Also could someone tell me if it is any good.

>  What was posted was xxgdb, an X interface to the gdb debugger.  This means
>that you need to have gdb already in order to use xxgdb.  You can get gdb from
>any FSF archive site (for example, prep.ai.mit.edu) via anonymous ftp.

What I saw was parts 1,2 and 8, with part 8 labeled as part 3.
So until it gets straightened out, don't get your hopes up.

--
Lyle                  Wang           lws@capybara.comm.wang.com
508 967 2322     Lowell, MA, USA     Source code: the _ultimate_ documentation.