[comp.sources.wanted] whois server source

bruno@sdcc10.ucsd.edu (Bruce W. Mohler) (03/01/91)

Does anyone know of any freely available source to a whois
server?  I'm aware of the ones that are available from UC Davis
and U Virginia.  I'm aware of the "client" program that is part
of the BSD 4.3 distribution.  All pointers welcome!

Thanks, in advance.

Bruce

--
Bruce W. Mohler
Systems Programmer (aka Staff Analyst)

jclark@sdcc6.ucsd.edu (John Clark) (03/06/91)

In article <17082@sdcc6.ucsd.edu> bruno@sdcc10.ucsd.edu (Bruce W. Mohler) writes:
>Does anyone know of any freely available source to a whois
>server?  I'm aware of the ones that are available from UC Davis

Douglas Comer's book on TCP/IP has an example of a 'whois' client and
'whois' server. It is not 'free', as far as I know, but it is available
for you pursuit of knowledge.
--

John Clark
jclark@ucsd.edu