[comp.sources.wanted] lzh archive maker on unix to be unpacked on an amiga

aslam@sp63.csrd.uiuc.edu (Sohail Aslam) (03/10/91)

I hope this is not a FAQ. The amiga can read DOS floppies and one can
create DOS-readable floppies on the Sparcstations. To reduce space
usage I would like to compress and archive entire directory trees
ala LZH on the Sun before placing the archive on a floppy.
I'll be grateful if someone  has the source or can point me to
an anonymous ftp location for the source of LZH that runs under
UNIX (SunOS 4.1 to be specific), compresses and archives unix directory
trees which can then be unpacked and uncompressed on an amiga.

Thanks

Sohail Aslam
Center for Supercomputing Research and Development
University of Illinois
aslam@csrd.uiuc.edu

wolf@grasp1.univ-lyon1.fr (Christophe Wolfhugel) (03/10/91)

In article <1991Mar9.205009.15849@csrd.uiuc.edu> aslam@sp63.csrd.uiuc.edu (Sohail Aslam) writes:
>I'll be grateful if someone  has the source or can point me to
>an anonymous ftp location for the source of LZH that runs under
>UNIX (SunOS 4.1 to be specific), compresses and archives unix directory

You can ftp anonymously lharc on grasp2.univ-lyon1.fr:
  /unix/archive/lharc.tar.Z
One on my users said it's absolutely compatible with Amiga.

--
Christophe Wolfhugel (on irc: Zolf)   |  Email: wolf@grasp1.univ-lyon1.fr
INSA Lyon - Departement Informatique  |  IRC'admin at node grasp1.univ-lyon1.fr