[comp.sources.wanted] rayshade & utah-raster-toolkit v3.0

steve@hacker.UUCP (Stephen M. Youndt) (03/08/91)

Simply put, are there any patches for rayshade to make it work with version 3
of the utah raster toolkit?  It doesn't seem to be as simple as changing "sv_"
to "rle_" or similar inane changes.  Can anyone out there help, perhaps by
sending me a copy of a updated outputp.c?  Thanks in advance.

SMY
--
Stephen M. Youndt       /   "Remember, no matter where you go,
uunet!hacker!steve     /     there you are."  -- B. Banzai

spencer@eecs.umich.edu (Spencer W. Thomas) (03/12/91)

In article <216@hacker.UUCP> steve@hacker.UUCP (Stephen M. Youndt) writes:
> Simply put, are there any patches for rayshade to make it work with version 3
> of the utah raster toolkit?

There are two answers to this:
1. Get rayshade 4.0beta.  Of course, it's a beta, so all appropriate
   caveats apply.
2. The URT 3.0 distribution includes a 'sed' script (sv.sed) that
   *should* work to convert (almost) any program that uses URT 2.x to
   URT 3.0.  It certainly worked (with minimal editing to fix up funny
   comment strings) on all the tools in the URT.

--
=Spencer W. Thomas 		EECS Dept, U of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI 48109
spencer@eecs.umich.edu		313-936-2616 (8-6 E[SD]T M-F)

steve@hacker.UUCP (Stephen M. Youndt) (03/12/91)

In his article spencer@eecs.umich.edu (Spencer W. Thomas) writes:
->In article <216@hacker.UUCP> steve@hacker.UUCP (Stephen M. Youndt) writes:
->>Simply put, are there any patches for rayshade to make it work with version 3
->>of the utah raster toolkit?
->
-> There are two answers to this:
-> 1. Get rayshade 4.0beta.  Of course, it's a beta, so all appropriate
->    caveats apply.
-> 2. The URT 3.0 distribution includes a 'sed' script (sv.sed) that
->    *should* work to convert (almost) any program that uses URT 2.x to
->    URT 3.0.  It certainly worked (with minimal editing to fix up funny
->    comment strings) on all the tools in the URT.

Thanks so much to everybody who responded to my request.  I have urt-3.0
plus patches.  It works quite well.  You've all been so much help.  Thanks
again.

smy