[comp.sources.wanted] more on OCR software

kamemoto@spf.trw.com (Kenneth Kamemoto) (04/26/91)

    Earlier, I wrote:
>     Is there any OCR (optical character recognition) software
>available in the public domain that runs on SUN/UNIX/C?  It should
>run on a Sun 3 under the SunOS 4.0.3 or 4.1.1 operating system.
>Thank you in advance.

    To clarify a little, what I want to do is, for example, recognize
characters in a graphics image (saved, for example, as a Sun
rasterfile on disk).  The graphics image could have text as part of
the image, and I want the computer to be able to recognize characters
in the image.  Positions and fonts of the characters are assumed to
be unknown.  The image is already "scanned in".  I now want to be
able to read it using OCR software.

--
Kenneth I. Kamemoto