[comp.sources.wanted] Need GUI Builder for X and DOS

nigelc@sicsun.epfl.ch (Nigel COOK) (05/02/91)

Desperately seeking a GUI builder.......

What I'm looking for is a package that lets me build up a GUI package
to run under X windows with Motif, and easily port it so that it runs
on DOS too. Some sort of WYSIWYG widget placing etc would be good too.

Public domain or commercial product -- I dont care.

Please E-mail me. I'll summarize to the net.
___
Nigel Cook.	IMHEF/DME-EPFL Switzerland	nigelc@dme.epfl.ch
"Does anyone know the e-mail address of Phil Hambling (ex Brisbane Austrlia)
 now somewhere in London? Hi Phil where r u, u 'ol bastard"

toma@swsrv1.cirr.com (Tom Armistead) (05/03/91)

In article <1431@sicsun.epfl.ch> nigelc@sicsun.epfl.ch (Nigel COOK) writes:
>Desperately seeking a GUI builder.......
>
>What I'm looking for is a package that lets me build up a GUI package
>to run under X windows with Motif, and easily port it so that it runs
>on DOS too. Some sort of WYSIWYG widget placing etc would be good too.
>
>Public domain or commercial product -- I dont care.
>
>Please E-mail me. I'll summarize to the net.
>___
>Nigel Cook.	IMHEF/DME-EPFL Switzerland	nigelc@dme.epfl.ch
>"Does anyone know the e-mail address of Phil Hambling (ex Brisbane Austrlia)
> now somewhere in London? Hi Phil where r u, u 'ol bastard"

There is a comercial product called JAM that will fit the bill.  They are
just fixing to release a Motif version (maybe already have?) of their
product (it was shown at Uniform this year in Dallas).  This will allow a
screen to run under DOS, OS2, Unix (Text or Motif), VMS, ... without any
modification.  The product also has a Database interface that will allow you
to imbed SQL code in the screens using their interpretive language (called
JPL).  It supports many different databases (Oracle/Informix/Sybase/...).  It
also has a report writer (that I'm not too familiar with).  I also think that
it has international character support.

It is a WYSIWYG type of environment.

And, they don't charge royalties.

The company:
    JYACC, Inc.
    Somewhere in Manhattan, Ny.
    (800)458-3313

- Just a REAL satisfied user...

Tom
--
Tom Armistead - Software Services - 2918 Dukeswood Dr. - Garland, Tx  75040
toma@swsrv1.cirr.com                {egsner,letni,ozdaltx,void}!swsrv1!toma