[comp.sources.wanted] Public Domain SQL Database System ?

markus@mwhh.hanse.de (Markus Witt) (05/01/91)

Hi there.

I'd like to know if there is a public domain SQL database system
(C source would be best) available and if so, where.

	Thanks for your help, Markus
|		     Markus Witt - markus@mwhh.hanse.de			      |
\-----------------------------------------------------------------------------/

toma@swsrv1.cirr.com (Tom Armistead) (05/07/91)

In article <1991May01.161739.474@mwhh.hanse.de> markus@mwhh.hanse.de (Markus Witt) writes:

>Hi there.
>
>I'd like to know if there is a public domain SQL database system
>(C source would be best) available and if so, where.
>
>	Thanks for your help, Markus
>--
>|		     Markus Witt - markus@mwhh.hanse.de			      |
>\-----------------------------------------------------------------------------/

Me too, please...

Tom
--
Tom Armistead - Software Services - 2918 Dukeswood Dr. - Garland, Tx  75040
toma@swsrv1.cirr.com                {egsner,letni,ozdaltx,void}!swsrv1!toma

avram@dbaccess.com (Avram Friedman) (05/09/91)

in article <1991May01.161739.474@mwhh.hanse.de>, markus@mwhh.hanse.de (Markus Witt) says:

> I'd like to know if there is a public domain SQL database system
> (C source would be best) available and if so, where.

Is Not exactly SQL but pretty close ....
I sugest reviewing the book
Relational DataBase Management, A Systems Programming Approach
By M. Papazoglou & W. Valder
Prentice Hall 1989

Contains a lot of C code for a SQL like language called REQUIEM

Directions for obtaining machine readable copies are documented in the
front of the book. Its not truely public domain some fees and licence
agreements are envolved.

--
Avram Friedman                    INTERNET: avram@dbaccess.com
c/o DB/Access Inc.                UUCP: {uunet,mips}!troi!avram