[comp.sources.wanted] UUPC

swi@ncoast.UUCP (08/22/87)

Please help.

We have 20 pc's in the department and 2 3b2's and a 3b5. The 3bx's talk
to each other using uucp.

So the ob. thing to do is to get uucp going on the ibm's. Problem, we onlky
have lattice C, and it no want to work, if you know what i mean. To save
us spending a disgusting ammount of money on ANOTHER compiler, could a
very kind person who has compiled & installed UUPC on an IBM/Clone, uuencode
up the binries and send them to me.

OR!! You could always give me your slo-mo-mail adress and i will post
you a disk or two.

many thanks folks

JANET:  swi@uk.ac.paisley.cs                    Scott Wilson
EMAIL:	swi@cs.paisley.ac.uk		| Post: Paisley College
UUCP:	...!seismo!mcvax!ukc!paisley!swi|	Department of Comp. Sci.,
Phone:	+44 41 887 1241 Ext. 260	|	High St. Paisley.

sl@van-bc.UUCP (Stuart Lynne) (08/24/87)

In article <4228@ncoast.UUCP>, swi@cs.paisley.ac.uk.UUCP (Scott Wilson) writes:

> We have 20 pc's in the department and 2 3b2's and a 3b5. The 3bx's talk
> to each other using uucp.

> So the ob. thing to do is to get uucp going on the ibm's. Problem, we onlky
> have lattice C, and it no want to work, if you know what i mean. To save
> us spending a disgusting ammount of money on ANOTHER compiler, could a
> very kind person who has compiled & installed UUPC on an IBM/Clone, uuencode
> up the binries and send them to me.

Help is on the way!

Due to high demand, we have sent off IBM PC Binaries for uupc to Brandon
Allbery to be posted to comp.binaries.ibm.

If the same demand is there we will look at Amiga and Atari as well.

We're still looking for someone to port the Mac stuff to a non-Aztec
environment. It wouldn't make sense to post the current Mac binaries because
you wouldn't be able to run them without the Aztec Shell, and you don't get
that without the Aztec compiler, and if you have the Aztec compiler you
don't need the binaries....

We'll keep you posted.

--
{ihnp4!alberta!ubc-vision,uunet}!van-bc!Stuart.Lynne Vancouver,BC,604-937-7532

news@cit-vax.Caltech.Edu (Usenet netnews) (08/25/87)

From: wetter@tybalt.caltech.edu (Pierce T. Wetter)

Actually, if you just change the file type to APPL it should run without
the shell.
  Pierce Wette

Resisting temptation is easier when you think you'll probably get
another chance later on.

wetter@tybalt.caltech.edu

glee@cognos.uucp (Godfrey Lee) (08/31/87)

I tried to change the amiga version to work with the Lattice compiler, still
having problems. Has anyone else done the conversion successfully before I
pour more sleepless nights into it?

Given this situation, I think posting binary would be appropriate, but I would
like the source diff for Lattice as well.

In the mean time, I will continue to plug at it.
--
Godfrey Lee                                      P.O. Box 9707
Cognos Incorporated                              3755 Riverside Dr.

jesup@steinmetz.steinmetz.UUCP (Randell Jesup) (09/03/87)

In article <1361@sirius.UUCP> glee@sirius.UUCP (Godfrey Lee) writes:
>I tried to change the amiga version to work with the Lattice compiler, still
>having problems. Has anyone else done the conversion successfully before I
>pour more sleepless nights into it?

>Godfrey Lee                                      P.O. Box 9707

	I have been converting it to Lattice and am testing it now.  Once I'm
sure it working relatively well (it has SEVERAL brain damages), I'll post
diff's and binaries to the source and binary groups.  I'm really
suprised that the Manx version ran at all, given the bugs.  I have also found
a few bugs in the system-independant code (as posted in comp.mail.uucp).
	It should work pretty well, especially with 4.0 and short ints.  I'm
also going to speed it up by doing multi-character reads/writes to the
serial port.

--
	Randell Jesup  (Please use one of these paths for mail)
	jesup@steinmetz.UUCP (uunet!steinmetz!jesup)

ken@netcom.UUCP (Ken Wilson) (02/28/89)

Can some on help me get a copy of the executables and source code
for UUPC.  I have tried to down load them from van-bc with out any
luck.  Thanks in advance.

     Ken Wilson
     uunet!amdahl!dlb!netcom!ken

palowoda@megatest.UUCP (Bob Palowoda) (03/04/89)

From article <13@netcom.UUCP>, by ken@netcom.UUCP (Ken Wilson):

> Can some on help me get a copy of the executables and source code
> for UUPC.  I have tried to down load them from van-bc with out any
> luck.  Thanks in advance.
>
>      Ken Wilson
>      uunet!amdahl!dlb!netcom!ken

  I keep reading requests for UUCP, Zmodem, ARC, and PKXARC. All of which
I use in a UNIX and DOS enviorment running a bbs. The programs that I
use are PD and come with source. It all works quite well when running
a bbs. So hopefully some others can benifiet from about what I am going
to describe in my setup.

Two systems:

AT 10Mhz                                 XT 8Mhz
Xenix                                    DOS
XBBS Software for BBS                    Telix 3.11 to call into the
rzsz Software for Y and Z modem.         BBS via modem and hardwired.
kermit for kermit.                       UUPC for email to the xenix system.
newarc For ARC and PKARC files
KAQ9 Software for TCP/IP running slip    KAQ9 for TCP/IP running slip
Pcomm 1.2 A procomm clone for unix/xenix

 Telix has Zmodem built into it and the bbs supports zmodem. When I have
 to edit files on the Xenix system I use the vt100 terminal emulation.
 The only bug I noticed is when going into a insert mode it overwrites
 the exsisting characters. But reappear when you hit the esc key. I
 noticed when switch over to a ann arbor termcap you can switch the
 telix mode to 50 lines on a vga card and can edit useing vi. There
 is a few bugs with some sequences but eventually I'll work them out
 of the termcap.

 newarc -- Not actually a new arc just a hacked up version of arc to
	   support PKXARC squashed files. Alot of the dos bbs have
	   pkxarc files on them. I found no bugs with this.

 rzsz      Is Y/Z modem for unix. Should run under SYSV3.2 also.

 KAQ9      For the network. There is still bugs on the Xenix side.
	   I'm still working on this one.

 UUPC      alpha.arc For the turbo-c version and uupc_mc.arc for
	   MSC5.1 version. I have several local people who have
	   dos machines and send email to the unix machine.
	   It dosn't have uux built into it. If anyone has
	   made a modification to do replies I would like to
	   get a copy.

 XBBS      A pain to setup but it's written in C and it's fast.
	   Supports X/Y/Z kermit file transfers.

 Pcomm1.2  Has the look and feel of Procomm, I found alot of
	   little annoying bugs with this one but it
	   functions.

 Best of all this is its FREE. Except for the phone call. There are
 serval bbs that offer it as far as I know. Sandys in the L.A. area.
 714-898-8634. Howard Leadmons in M.D. 301-335-1955, killer down
 in Dallas don't have the number off hand. My bbs in the S.F., CA
 area 415-796-3686. I'm sure there is more.

 ---Bob

--
 Bob Palowoda
 Work: {sun,decwrl,pyramid}!megatest!palowoda

yedidya@bimacs.BITNET (Yedidya Israel) (06/21/89)

Where can I get uupc, (no ftp for now)?
                  ^^
| Israel Yedidya, Math & CS Department, Bar-Ilan U, Ramat-Gan, ISRAEL |
| BITNET:   yedidya@bimacs                        +----------------+  |
| INTERNET: yedidya@bimacs.biu.ac.il               \               |  |
| ARPA:     yedidya%bimacs.bitnet@cunyvm.cuny.edu  /               |  |
| UUCP:     ...!uunet!mcvax!humus!bimacs!yedidya  +----------------+  |
| CSNET:    yedidya%bimacs.bitnet%cunyvm.cuny.edu@csnet-relay      |  |
\----------------------------------------------------------------- | -/
----- Reality is still a reality even if we do not understand it. -----

davev@spked.UUCP (Systems Integrator van De Kerk) (07/13/89)

Hi, a friend asked for the sources to UUPC, so his PC could talk to a
UNIX site.  If anyone out there has them, it would be appreciated.
--
The contents of this message are totally unauthorized, and represent no person
or entity within any agency, nor any statement of policy.

david@mmsac.UUCP (David L. Kensiski) (07/18/89)

We just UUCP'd an old copy of UUPC from uunet.  I haven't had the
chance to make it work yet, but you are surely welcome to a copy.
Drop me a line (voice or email) and we can make transfer arrangements.

--Dave
--
David L. Kensiski   [KB6HCN]    Martin Marietta Data Systems
Software Engineer               1770 Tribute Road, upstairs

todd@toolz.uucp (Todd Merriman) (03/07/91)

A recent update to UUPC was just announced.  Unfortunately, I
do not have anonymous ftp to the server site.

Would anyone be willing to mail me the sources and binaries
on a 5.25 floppy?  Your time and expense will be graciously
compensated for!

beni@tglobe2.tollpost-globe (Beni Ruef) (05/07/91)

We're looking for a cheap/free UUCP implementation running under Messy DOS.
We know about UUPC (well, we heard about it :-) and are wondering

a) about people's experiences with it
   and
b) where to get it EASILY (no, we don't have FTP)

Thanks & Cheers
-Beni

P.S. What happened with fsuucp ?

--
Beni Ruef  Systems Department  Tollpost-Globe AS    N-6301 Aandalsnes/Norway
E-mail: beni@tglobe2.UUCP      FAX: +47 72 22 161   Voice mail: +47 72 21 211

"UNIX is the answer - what was the question ?"

In article <302@tglobe2.tollpost-globe> beni@tglobe2.tollpost-globe (Beni Ruef) writes:

   We're looking for a cheap/free UUCP implementation running under Messy DOS.
   We know about UUPC (well, we heard about it :-) and are wondering

   b) where to get it EASILY (no, we don't have FTP)

Grape.ecs.clarkson.edu is the canonical distribution point.  And, it's callable
by modem: (315)268-6667.  Look in pub/msdos/uupc.

--
--russ <nelson@clutx.clarkson.edu> I'm proud to be a humble Quaker.
It's better to get mugged than to live a life of fear -- Freeman Dyson

chris@zeus.calpoly.edu (The Squire, Phish) (05/08/91)

beni@tglobe2.UUCP (Beni Ruef) recently informed us:

>P.S. What happened with fsuucp ?

The mother of all bugs... (Yeah, I hate that phrase, too :-))

Actually, there *is* a bug in the uucico programme that isn't getting
as much time as it should lately because of school (which is why
fsuucp is shareware and not commercial. i can't devote the time to
it and the support to it that i'd like to). I'm pretty confident that
i've fixed it, though, and am just being double-sure before releasing
it.

>"UNIX is the answer - what was the question ?"

What is the airspeed velocity of a coconut... no, wait, that's something
else.
--
++Christopher(The Squire, Phish);                    | Home of the 16K .plan
chris@hypnos.calpoly.edu (129.65.60.35)              | file. Finger at your own

cliff@demon.co.uk (Cliff Stanford) (05/15/91)

In article <302@tglobe2.tollpost-globe> beni@tglobe2.UUCP (Beni Ruef) writes:
>We're looking for a cheap/free UUCP implementation running under Messy DOS.
>We know about UUPC (well, we heard about it :-) and are wondering
>
>a) about people's experiences with it

	Wonderful ... couldn't live without it.

>   and
>b) where to get it EASILY (no, we don't have FTP)

	Send mail to help@kendra.kew.com and ask for the "HOWTOGET.IT" file.
		Regards,
			Cliff.
--