[comp.sources.wanted] A simple Word Processor?

peter@cutmcvax.cs.curtin.edu.au (Peter Wemm) (05/19/91)

Anybody know of anywhere that I can get a wordprocessor from?  I am posting
this for somebody who uses Wordperfect, but is switching to a Unix system
and is looking for a replacement.

Any pointers/tips appreciated..
--
Peter Wemm
peter@cs.curtin.edu.au  (Home) +61-9-450-5243

Dan_Jacobson@ATT.COM (05/20/91)

Peter> Anybody know of anywhere that I can get a wordprocessor from?
Peter> I am posting this for somebody who uses Wordperfect, but is
Peter> switching to a Unix system and is looking for a replacement.

If they use ((free) GNU Emacs (see *.emacs.* newsgroups)) they can use
this emulation package (which I've never tried)...

		 Emacs Lisp Code Apropos -- "wordst"

wordstar	  90-1-31
     Jim Frost, <jimf@saber.com>
     tut.cis.ohio-state.edu:pub/gnu/emacs/elisp-archive/misc/wordstar.el.Z
     Wordstar keycap definitions.

tannerr@prism.cs.orst.edu (Ryan Tanner) (05/20/91)

In <peter.674666025@cutmcvax> peter@cutmcvax.cs.curtin.edu.au (Peter Wemm) writes:

>Anybody know of anywhere that I can get a wordprocessor from?  I am posting
>this for somebody who uses Wordperfect, but is switching to a Unix system
>and is looking for a replacement.

>Any pointers/tips appreciated..
>--
>Peter Wemm
>peter@cs.curtin.edu.au  (Home) +61-9-450-5243
>Curtin University of Technology, Perth, Western Australia.
>Nuke the Simpsons!

If you don't have emacs, you could get the dte editor.  It uses the
wordstar command set and has special features useful to programmers.
You would have to compile the C source yourself.  It is setup to be
compiled under UNIX and MSDOS.  This editor does not have features
for boldfacing, underlining, etc...  Great for data and programs.

via ftp: nic.funet.fi (128.214.6.100)
It was in some editors directory listed as dte5-1.zip; I don't have
the full path, sorry.

Ryan (tannerr@prism.cs.orst.edu)