[comp.sources.wanted] Music-note editor

eliz@VIRGO.MATH.TAU.AC.IL (Zvuluny Eli (yishai guest)) (05/20/91)

I am looking for a public domain music-note editor, running under Sunview or X.
A WYSIWYG editor is preferred, but others will do as well.  The editor's
output should be in Postscript.

--Eli
eliz@math.tau.ac.il

--
Eli Zvuluny
E-mail: eliz@math.tau.ac.il

smagt@fwi.uva.nl (Patrick van der Smagt) (05/20/91)

eliz@VIRGO.MATH.TAU.AC.IL (Zvuluny Eli (yishai guest)) writes:

>I am looking for a public domain music-note editor, running under Sunview or X.
>A WYSIWYG editor is preferred, but others will do as well.  The editor's
>output should be in Postscript.

Check out TeX, if you want to do it right.  Then get musictex, a set
of macros on top of TeX, and you'll get very pretty output.

							Patrick van der Smagt

tony@mwuk.UUCP (Tony Mountifield) (05/20/91)

In article <2123@ccsg.tau.ac.il> eliz@VIRGO.MATH.TAU.AC.IL (Zvuluny Eli (yishai guest)) writes:
> I am looking for a public domain music-note editor, running under Sunview or X.
> A WYSIWYG editor is preferred, but others will do as well.  The editor's
> output should be in Postscript.

I would also be interested in such a beast - please mail me or post if
you have any details.

Thanks
--
Tony Mountifield.                | Microware Systems (UK) Ltd.
MAIL:  tony@mwuk.uucp            | Leylands Farm, Nobs Crook,

wdelv@devnet3.hac.com (walt del vecchio) (05/31/91)

In article <2123@ccsg.tau.ac.il> eliz@VIRGO.MATH.TAU.AC.IL (Zvuluny Eli (yishai guest)) writes:
>I am looking for a public domain music-note editor, running under Sunview or X.
>A WYSIWYG editor is preferred, but others will do as well.  The editor's
>output should be in Postscript.

  I am looking for something slightly different.  I would like to use
something like a troff macro set and/or a frontend program like tbl or eqn
to print standard music notation.
  I am using a Sun3 under SunOS 3.5 with an Imagen laser printer (Impress).

  Walter L. Del Vecchio - Hughes Aircraft Co. - Fullerton, CA - (714) 732-5588

Dan_Jacobson@ATT.COM (06/01/91)

MuTeX is a music type-setting macro package for TeX that I've heard
about on comp.text.tex .  The monthly FTP list from comp.misc lists
relay.cdnnet.ca as one site that has it.

walt> In article <2123@ccsg.tau.ac.il> eliz@VIRGO.MATH.TAU.AC.IL (Zvuluny Eli (yishai guest)) writes:

>I am looking for a public domain music-note editor, running under
>Sunview or X.  A WYSIWYG editor is preferred, but others will do as
>well.  The editor's output should be in Postscript.

you can do TeX --> dvips --> postscript output

walt>   I am looking for something slightly different.  I would like
walt> to use something like a troff macro set and/or a frontend
walt> program like tbl or eqn to print standard music notation.  I am
walt> using a Sun3 under SunOS 3.5 with an Imagen laser printer
walt> (Impress).

Though I've never used MuTeX, it might fill the bill.