[comp.sources.wanted] vi source wanted

Nils@umn-cs.CS.UMN.EDU (Nils McCarthy) (01/05/89)

Please, would someone mail me the source for VI?
That is if it is public domain, or not confidential or anything...
Also, please make sure you mail it to mtymp01@ux.acss.umn.edu,
becsuse this is NOT, i repeat NOT my own account.
Thanks.

 _ __       _         _ _ _        __
' mtymp01@ux.acss.umn.edu, ...!umn-cs!ux.acss.umn.edu!mtymp01
 /  /  o  //  _       / / /  _.  /    __.   __   /   /_   __  ,
/  (__<__</__/_)_    / ' (__(__ (__/ (_/|__/ (__<___/ /__/ (_/_
                                                            /
                                                           '

In article <10683@umn-cs.CS.UMN.EDU>, Nils@umn-cs.CS.UMN.EDU (Nils McCarthy) writes:
> Please, would someone mail me the source for VI?
> That is if it is public domain, or not confidential or anything...

It's not public domain.

There is, however, a wide variety of sources to 'edit'-clones. Some day
someone adventurous is going to take one of these and recreate 'vi', in
the public domain.

If you'd like to try, I've got a copy of one of these.
Work: uunet.uu.net!ficc!peter, peter@ficc.uu.net, +1 713 274 5180.   `-_-'
Home: bigtex!texbell!sugar!peter, peter@sugar.uu.net.                 'U`
Opinions may not represent the policies of FICC or the Xenix Support group.

cww@ndmath.UUCP (Clarence W. Wilkerson) (01/10/89)

I saw these posted to minix, atari conferences, and on the msdos section
of GENIE.

rvi@ktibv.uucp (Rob Vijgenboom) (07/17/90)

I am looking for generic Unix vi(1) source - any ideas?

(Please note that I can't do anonymous ftp, etc)

Thanks,

+--------------------------------------+-------------------------+
| Rob Vijgenboom                       |                         |
|                                      |    #    #   #####    #  |
| K.T.I. Group B.V.                    |    #   #      #      #  |
| P.O. Box 86                          |    ####       #      #  |
| 2700 AB Zoetermeer                   |    #  #       #      #  |
| The Netherlands                      |    #   #      #      #  |
| Phone : (31)-(0)79-531624            |    #    #     #      #  |
| E-mail: hp4nl.nluug.nl!ktibv!rvi     |                         |

dhom@cygnus.acs.calpoly.edu (David G. Hom) (06/05/91)

I was wondering where I might find source for the vi editor
Are there any anonymous FTP sites that have it?

dave
INET:    dhom@cosmos.acs.calpoly.edu
BITNET:  DI387 AT CALPOLY