[comp.sources.wanted] Requiem

jdravk@speech2.cs.cmu.edu (Jeanette Dravk) (06/03/91)

Has anyone found an ftp-able site that has the Requiem code?

Thanks.

j-

--
#*#*#*#*#*#	Transient Creature of the Wide, Wild World	#*#*#*#*#*#*#*

   "Time is not linear to me, it is a nebulous web of existential freedom."

jfr@locus.com (Jon Rosen) (06/05/91)

In article <13266@pt.cs.cmu.edu> jdravk@speech2.cs.cmu.edu (Jeanette Dravk) writes:
>Has anyone found an ftp-able site that has the Requiem code?
>
>Thanks.

 As the one who put up one of the earliest Requiem posts four weeks ago,
 I can say that the effort has been fruitless... I have proceeded to
 order the source directly from the Institute in Germany which is
 listed in the book... I don't have the address and fax number handy
 but the address is listed in the book and the telephone number is
 available from international directory assistance... The lady to
 contact at the Institute is Frau Treschwig...

 Jon Rosen

mike@aldebaran.anu.oz.au (Mike Papazoglou) (06/07/91)

Many people have recently asked me about the availablity of Requiem.
Requiem (RElational QUery and Update Interactive SystEM) is now
available as public domain software. It comprise some 17,000 lines of
C code and runs under SUN/Vax Unix. Requiem is a single-user system
at the moment and offers the following facilities:

- a complete data language,
- view facilities,
- supports automatic foreign key generation and updates,
- provides a program interface in C
- and is easily expandable

the following facilities are under development and will be available
shortly:

- transaction management,
- a complete C-preprocessor.
- user interface facilities.

Requiem is now available via anonymous ftp. For further information
please contact:

Mike P. Papazoglou,
Australian National University,
Dept. of Computer Science,