[comp.sources.wanted] Super-simple UNIX editor

jpc@avdms8.msfc.nasa.gov (J. Porter Clark) (06/07/91)

I'm looking for a text editor that runs under UNIX and is so simple
that the MS-DOS community could use it.  It doesn't have to do
complicated stuff.

I have users who would like to use the mailers and newsreaders on my
system but who don't want to have to learn vi or emacs to do so.
--
J. Porter Clark    jpc@avdms8.msfc.nasa.gov

allan@eskimo.celestial.com (Christopher Stewart) (06/10/91)

In article <jpc.676302096@avdms8.msfc.nasa.gov> jpc@avdms8.msfc.nasa.gov
 (J. Porter Clark) writes:
>I'm looking for a text editor that runs under UNIX and is so simple
>that the MS-DOS community could use it.  It doesn't have to do
>complicated stuff.

I've seen this call several times, and always have responded to it with
simped which I picked up off the net about a year ago. There are a
couple of bugs in it, and I had to hack it abit to work with News. What
I'm wondering is if there is something better, or if there has been an
updated version of simped released that I missed.

afoiani@nmsu.edu (Anthony "Tkil" Foiani) (06/12/91)

Then there's GNU Emacs with the WordStar(tm) bindings, if you want
MS-DOS-user-friendliness.

Just a thought,
Tony

P.S. Yes, I KNOW that gemacs does NOT qualify as a 'simple' editor!
--
Tony Foiani  a.k.a. Tkil  (afoiani@nmsu.edu) or (mcsajf@nmsuvm1.bitnet)
Supporting:  Unix / DOS / VMS / Macintosh / "What's this?"

sazi@saga.oih.no (Sazi Temel) (06/12/91)

Could you please send me the answers you got for "simple Unix Editor".
Thanks in advance.

Sazi Temel
Oslo College of Engineering.