[comp.sources.wanted] uusplitter?

trudel@aramis.rutgers.edu (Jonathan) (06/12/91)

Is there a package that will take a file, uuencode it, and then split
up the uuencoded file into mailable sizes (numbered, of course)?  I
was thinking of writing one, but if it already exists, I won't bother.

Thanks.

brown@vidiot.UUCP (Vidiot) (06/12/91)

In article <Jun.11.14.03.16.1991.13776@aramis.rutgers.edu> trudel@aramis.rutgers.edu (Jonathan) writes:
<
<Is there a package that will take a file, uuencode it, and then split
<up the uuencoded file into mailable sizes (numbered, of course)?  I
<was thinking of writing one, but if it already exists, I won't bother.

The program I use is called shar2.  It does a wonderful job of doing just
what you want.
--
      harvard\     att!nicmad\          spool.cs.wisc.edu!astroatc!vidiot!brown
Vidiot  ucbvax!uwvax..........!astroatc!vidiot!brown

chip@osh3.OSHA.GOV (Chip Yamasaki) (06/13/91)

In <Jun.11.14.03.16.1991.13776@aramis.rutgers.edu> trudel@aramis.rutgers.edu (Jonathan) writes:

>Is there a package that will take a file, uuencode it, and then split
>up the uuencoded file into mailable sizes (numbered, of course)?  I
>was thinking of writing one, but if it already exists, I won't bother.

Most shar packages will do it.  Try to get shar from UUNET or probably
on SIMTEL.

--
-----------------------+---------------------------------------------------
Charles "Chip" Yamasaki| The opinions expressed here are my own and are not

brown@vidiot.UUCP (Vidiot) (06/19/91)

In article <743@eskimo.celestial.com> allan@eskimo (Christopher Stewart) writes:
<In article <1928@vidiot.UUCP> brown@vidiot.UUCP (Vidiot) writes:
<>In article <Jun.11.14.03.16.1991.13776@aramis.rutgers.edu> trudel@aramis.rutgers.edu (Jonathan) writes:
<><
<><Is there a package that will take a file, uuencode it, and then split
<><up the uuencoded file into mailable sizes (numbered, of course)?  I
<><was thinking of writing one, but if it already exists, I won't bother.
<>
<>The program I use is called shar2.  It does a wonderful job of doing just
<>what you want.
<
<Hmmm, it appears another system did what we did here. We have a shar2 here
<also, it happens to be shar 3.23. We did this to keep the original shar
<package on-line for the scripts that used it. If there is an actual
<package called shar2 I apologize for this digression.  But if not, I
<hope this helps to clear things up.

Yep, the package is called shar2.
--
      harvard\     att!nicmad\          spool.cs.wisc.edu!astroatc!vidiot!brown
Vidiot  ucbvax!uwvax..........!astroatc!vidiot!brown
      rutgers/  decvax!nicmad/ INTERNET:vidiot!brown%astroatc@spool.cs.wisc.edu

routh@eltanin.rtp.semi.harris.com (Kevin Routh x622) (06/20/91)

On Jun 19,  2:36am, Vidiot wrote:
} Subject: Re: uusplitter?
}
} Yep, the package is called shar2.
} --
}-- End of excerpt from Vidiot

Ok, now I want it.  Where can I get this shar2?  Ftp prefered...

--
Kevin Routh (routh@rtp.semi.harris.com)
Harris Corporation, Durham, NC