[comp.sources.wanted] help

bharat@cf-cm.computing-maths.cardiff.ac.uk (Bharat Mediratta) (03/01/91)

Hello.  I am looking for a general FTP site listing
that provides the site number (ie 101.45.02.1) for
each site.  Could somebody please direct me towards
such a listing?  If it is archived on a particular
site, please give me the _number_ for that site.

Cheers!
  -Bharat

From the introduction to Jon Granrose's ftp directory:

      This list is posted to comp.misc, and comp.sources.wanted, on Usenet and
 is  distributed via anonymous FTP from pilot.njin.net (128.6.7.38) as well as
 being available from several other FTP sites (see list).  I am also running a
 simple  mail-server from my account on pilot.  For more information about the
 server, mail odin@pilot.njin.net with a subject of "listserv-request"  and  a
 message  body of "send help".  Rather than requesting the latest list from me
 by mail, simply send the request to the listserv.  If you send me  a  request
 for the latest list, I will send you the help file for the listserv.

--
Jonathan Kamens			              USnail:
MIT Project Athena				11 Ashford Terrace

ts@uwasa.fi (Timo Salmi) (03/02/91)

In article <1991Feb28.171545.26991@cm.cf.ac.uk> bharat@cf-cm.computing-maths.cardiff.ac.uk (Bharat Mediratta) writes:
>Hello.  I am looking for a general FTP site listing
>that provides the site number (ie 101.45.02.1) for
>each site.  Could somebody please direct me towards
>such a listing?  If it is archived on a particular
>site, please give me the _number_ for that site.

See eg comp.misc for Jon Granrose's monthly list containing this
information.  Alternatively you can get it as /pc/pd2/ftpsites.arc
from our site.

Prof. Timo Salmi
Moderating at garbo.uwasa.fi anonymous ftp archives 128.214.12.37

emdihfx@ac.dal.ca (06/24/91)

Hi, is there anybody on the net who knows that any news group on library and information science, or a net on dedicated on library and information science? Or news of job available in this particular field on the net?