[comp.sources.wanted] Openwindows Gadgets for Suns

seaney@ie.engr.wisc.edu (Steve Seaney) (06/27/91)

I've been looking around for programs written in openwindows for simple
things like a rolodex, etc (i.e. the recent phonetool program).  Is there
a good ftp / uunet site for programs sucha s this?  I haven't had any luck
looking.

I've tried compiling various X programs, but it seems to be quite a hack
to get them working...

Thanks,
Steve Seaney

--
  seaney@cae.wisc.edu        *  University of Wisconsin - Madison
******************************  53C Mechanical Engineering

nelson@wrl.epi.com (Ken Nelson) (06/28/91)

  In article <1991Jun27.112512.26430@doug.cae.wisc.edu>, seaney@ie.engr.wisc.edu (Steve Seaney) writes:
> I've been looking around for programs written in openwindows for simple
> things like a rolodex, etc (i.e. the recent phonetool program).  Is there
> a good ftp / uunet site for programs sucha s this?  I haven't had any luck
> looking.

 - take a look at xrolo, it's an XView based card filer.

   It was posted to comp.sources.x, volume 9 I believe, with patches
   in volume's 10 and 11.  I would be best to grab a tar'ed copy off
   anon ftp somewhere.

   If you have anon ftp you can grab a compressed tar copy from
   uunet.uu.net in X/contrib/xrolo.v2p5.tar.Z

 Other than that there doesn't seem to be many XView based tools.

 I must admit that when I write PD stuff, I usually use Xt and Xaw
 widgets because they are available on more systems.  I may change
 that now that I use Sun's Guide interface developer, it makes
 coding up quick little tools a lot easier.

| Ken Nelson  (nelson@wrl.epi.com) | No thoughts today, sorry.	     |
| Computer Systems Manager         |				     |
| Entropic Research Laboratory     |				     |
| Washington, D.C.		   |				     |