[comp.graphics] XWindows

petel@teksce.UUCP (Pete Lancashire) (11/10/86)

In article <3721@mit-eddie.MIT.EDU>, gary@mit-eddie.MIT.EDU (Gary Samad) writes:
> []
>
> Is XWindows discussed anywhere on the net?  Alternatively, does anyone know
> of a mailing list, bbs, etc. related to X

Ditto

Pete Lancashire   petel@teksce.SCE.TEK.COM

ken@rochester.ARPA (Comfy chair) (11/10/86)

|Is XWindows discussed anywhere on the net?  Alternatively, does anyone know
|of a mailing list, bbs, etc. related to X

The addresses of the two mailing lists for X are:

xpert-request@athena.mit.edu	About general X windows stuff
xport-request@athena.mit.edu	About ports of X windows to new hardware/systems

	Ken

bob@osu-eddie.UUCP (Bob Sutterfield) (11/12/86)

In article <3721@mit-eddie.MIT.EDU>, gary@mit-eddie.MIT.EDU (Gary Samad) writes:
> Is XWindows discussed anywhere on the net?  Alternatively, does anyone know
> of a mailing list, bbs, etc. related to X

In article <5400@gatech.EDU>, spaf@gatech.EDU (Gene Spafford) writes,
as he writes quite frequently, like every month or so, in mod.newslists:
(...)
What follows is part 2 (of 2) of the Arpanet List of Lists.
(...)
XPERT@ATHENA.MIT.EDU

   Mailing list for general discussion on the X window system, software running
   under X, and the like.  Also see the XPORT mailing list.

   All requests to be added to or deleted from this list, problems, questions,
   etc., should be sent to XPERT-REQUEST@ATHENA.MIT.EDU.

   Coordinator: Jim Gettys <jg@ATHENA.MIT.EDU>

XPORT@ATHENA.MIT.EDU

   Mailing list for discussion among people porting the X window system and
   client code to new displays, machine architectures, and operating systems.
   It is not intended for "how do I resize a window" sorts of questions, and
   relatively few people should be interested in this list.  Also see the XPERT
   mailing list for general discussion on X.

   All requests to be added to or deleted from this list, problems, questions,
   etc., should be sent to XPORT-REQUEST@ATHENA.MIT.EDU.

   Coordinator: Jim Gettys <jg@ATHENA.MIT.EDU>
--
 Bob Sutterfield, Computer and Information Science Department
 The Ohio State University; 2036 Neil Ave. Columbus OH USA 43210-1277

kah120@ihlpe.UUCP (02/16/87)

[]
I am new to this news group and the graphics world in general.  I am looking
for information on xwindow.  If anyone can point me to some reference materials
it would be greatly appreciated.

                                       Thanks,
                                       Ken Heitke    ihnp4!ihlpe!kah120

webb@webb.UUCP (02/19/87)

>I am looking for information on xwindow.  If anyone can point me to some
>reference materials it would be greatly appreciated.
>                                       Thanks,
>                                       Ken Heitke    ihnp4!ihlpe!kah120

There is a news group comp.windows.x.  You might find what you are looking for
there.

				Peter Webb.

{allegra|decvax|mit_eddie|utzoo}!linus!raybed2!applicon!webb
or {amd|bbncca|cbosgd|wjh12|ihnp4|yale}!ima!applicon!webb

My employers pay for my time; my opinions are my own.