[comp.graphics] Need References for Fractal Geometry

naim@nucsrl.UUCP (02/17/87)

Can anybody suggest references for fractal geometry, for a survey
paper that I will be writing on this topic, for a computer graphics
course ?

	       Naim
	       {ihnp4, chinet}!nucsrl!naim

archer@sgi.UUCP (02/21/87)

In article <3920001@nucsrl.UUCP>, naim@nucsrl.UUCP (Naim Abdullah) writes:

> Can anybody suggest references for fractal geometry, for a survey
> paper that I will be writing on this topic, for a computer graphics
> course ?
>
> 	       Naim
> 	       {ihnp4, chinet}!nucsrl!naim

the two best survey books on the subject are The Fractal Geometry
of Nature, by Benoit Mandelbrot, and The Beauty of Fractals, by
Peitgen & Richter.  These are both introductory works.  Both stress
math more than computer graphics, however.

archer sully

ucbvax!sgi!archer