[comp.graphics] history of the mandrill...

sa@crlt.UUCP (scott almburg) (03/08/87)

> Andrews ensured the image's immortality by including it among the standard USC
> test images that have ended up everywhere.
>
> Mark Sanders died in about 1975.
>
> Bob Wallis
>
> UUCP: {pyramid,turtlevax,cae780}!weitek!wallis

would someone please tell me where I get get a copy of the digitized mandrill
database  via uucp? or ftp?  We're comming out with a new graphics printer
and this would make an interesting test image...
(i'd even settle for it on a ms-dos floppy)

--
 /*  Scott Almburg                     Interface Systems, Inc.
 *                                     5855 Interface Drive

sow@luthcad.UUCP (Sven-Ove Westberg) (03/09/87)

In article <669@crlt.UUCP> sa@crlt.UUCP (scott almburg) writes:

>would someone please tell me where I get get a copy of the digitized mandrill
>database  via uucp? or ftp?  We're comming out with a new graphics printer
>and this would make an interesting test image...
>
>--
> /*  Scott Almburg                     Interface Systems, Inc.
> *                                     5855 Interface Drive
> * ...!ihnp4!itivax!crlt!sa           Ann Arbor, Michigan  48103
> */

Yes, the mandrill is an interesting test image, but it is
very easy to render. I suggest that you use a blond girls
face, if you want to prove that your equipment is good.

Sven-Ove Westberg, CAD, University of Lulea, S-951 87 Lulea
Tel:     +46-920-91677  (work)         +46-920-48390  (home)
UUCP:    sow@luthcad.UUCP  or  seismo!mcvax!enea!luthcad!sow
ARPA:    enea!luthcad!sow@seismo.css.gov