[comp.graphics] Wanted: Program to generate REGIS graphics pictures

ericf@rsch.WISC.EDU (Eric Feigenson) (03/10/87)

I'm looking for a program that will run under VMS (ver. 4.3) that allows
you to, somehow, edit a "picture", and generate graphics for display on
a DEC VT240 terminal, using REGIS graphics commands.  If anyone knows of
anything that will vaguely do this, please respond via e-mail to the
address below.  I don't want to have to figure out the REGIS commands
by hand (yuk!), and would like to automate the process somehow.

Thanks in advance!

			-Eric Feigenson
			{ihnp4, seismo, allegra, harpo}!uwvax!ericf (UUCP)
			ericf@rsch.wisc.edu (INT!10ll

normt@ihlpa.UUCP (03/11/87)

In article <3329@rsch.WISC.EDU>, ericf@rsch.WISC.EDU (Eric Feigenson) writes:
> I'm looking for a program that will run under VMS (ver. 4.3) that allows
> you to, somehow, edit a "picture", and generate graphics for display on
> a DEC VT240 terminal, using REGIS graphics commands.  If anyone knows of
> I don't want to have to figure out the REGIS commands
> by hand (yuk!), and would like to automate the process somehow.
	Firstly, ReGIS is a simple language to figure out "by hand", It is
	simple control sequences to draw the fundamental shapes, (box, line
	arc, etc). All locations can be specified as absolute or relative
	and it doesn't take much playing around to be able to generate
	ReGIS graphics "in-line".

	But more to the point, There is a package available from DEC (possibly
	also DECUS) that is called the ReGIS Software Set, that includes
	a graphical editor, a slide projection system, and a character set
	editor. I believe this is distributed in source code (FORTRAN), but
	I'm not sure. Both editors use the standard VT100 numeric keypad
	(ala KED) for command entry and both are very easy to learn.
	I.e. Drawing charts and picture within 1 hour of starting, is
	NO problem.

	Also Eric if you do not get my mail, I gave you some local sources
	for this stuff too. Send mail if you do not receive my e-mail info.

	Norm Tiedemann		ihnp4!ihlpa!normt
	AT&T Bell Labs
	Naperville, IL
		 60566