[comp.graphics] A500s for ~$500

hedley@cbmvax.UUCP (04/24/87)

In article <263@rocky.STANFORD.EDU> ali@rocky.UUCP (Ali Ozer) writes:

>Rumor has it mail order places will have the Amiga 500 for LESS THAN $500
>when it FIRST comes out. So go for it!

	Go for it:	Yes.
	Get it for $500: Unlikely

	The official list price is $649 w/ 512 K.
	Internal expansion moduale list is $150.
	( Another 512K and a real time clock. )

	I can't see you being able to get the base unit for less than
	$600 so if you are really lucky you might find it for $595.

Hedley

ali@rocky.STANFORD.EDU (Ali Ozer) (04/24/87)

In article <1724@cbmvax.cbmvax.cbm.UUCP> Hedley Davis writes:
>In article <263@rocky.STANFORD.EDU> ali@rocky.UUCP (Ali Ozer) writes:
>>Rumor has it mail order places will have the Amiga 500 for LESS THAN $500
>>when it FIRST comes out. So go for it!
>   Get it for $500: Unlikely.  The official list price is $649 w/ 512 K.

Well, a reliable mail order place in Tennessee is already offering the
Amiga 500 for $479.56. Apparently this place has been very reliable with
their prices/shipping/etc... Now, who knows, maybe when they do actually
recieve the machines they might push the price upto $600...  (But they do
have deals like the $870 2 Meg Starboard expansion for $430!)

In either case I've got a bunch of friends eagerly waiting for this
little beast, even if they get it for $649.

Ali Ozer, ali@rocky.stanford.edu