From: Steve Hammond  <hao!seismo!rochester!steve>
Subject: Re: Buffalo Chicken wings?
	Here is a copy of an article that I posted about 2 months ago...

	Chicken wings are truelly local to upstate N.Y.(Buffalo) in origin.
They were started about 6 years ago at the Anchor Bar as just a snack but now
are available all over better bars in the area.  I don't know how far they
have spread.  I think that Duff's in Buffalo now serves the best.  Although
I don't live there anymore I still go to Duff's when I'm home.
	Take about 2 pounds of wings and cut them at the 2 joints and throw
away the tips(they are all bone).  Cook them your favorite way, either
broiling for about 10 minutes on a side or deep fry them until crispy.
When done, put them in a bowl and pour hot sauce over them to lightly coat
them(I have a large tupperware bowl with lid that I put wings and sauce into
and then shake).  Serve with blue cheese(Marie's is the best) and strips
of carrots and celery.

Hot Sauce: (not exact because I don't measure the stuff)

about:	2T butter
  "	1/4 c Frank's Louisiana hot sauce
  "	2t white wine vinegar
  "	2t lemon juice
  "	1T honey
  "	a couple shakes of seasoned salt
  "	a couple shakes of cayene pepper*
  "	1t tabasco sauce(I like'm hot)*

	melt butter in sauce pan and then add rest of ingredients to
	melted butter and simmer until bubbly around edges(stirring
	occassionally).
	* more or less to desired hotness

I guess this is about right.  I have never seen a true recipe but
this is what I have played around with trying to imitate a well kept secret.

Something that I like to do is cook the wings on my barbeque.  Double the
sauce and use as a barbecue sauce on the wings.  I have a Weber grill as
all serious outdoor cookers should becuase the cover keeps the suace
from making the fire flame up.

enjoy...

					Steve Hammond

rochester!steve
steve@rochester

From oliveb!hplabs!zehntel!dual!decwrl!rhea!koala!robins Thu Mar 15 11:45:07 1984
From: robins@koala.DEC (Scott Robins, DTN 381-2785)

[]
Here is a recipe from Niagara Falls, New York.  One of the ORIGINAL CW
recipes!
Ingredients:
    16 chicken wings (serves 2)
    10-12 oz FRANK'S hot sauce (also sold as DURKEE)
    1 tablespoon butter/margarine
    cooking oil

    Split the wings into three parts, at the joints, and throw out the tips.
    Melt the butter in the hot sauce, and add tobasco (spelling?) sauce to
    taste. (Franks is pretty hot, but we like it abusive, so we add about a
    tablespoon of tabasco). Fry the wings, in batches, in the oil until the
    skin is VERY crisp.  After they are fried, dip them in the hot sauce
    mixture and place on a cookie sheet (or any oven- and sauce-proof plate).
    If there's any sauce left over, pour it on top.  Bake the wings for about 5
    minutes in a PREHEATED oven at about 350.
    Serve with celery stalks and blue cheese salad dressing (dip), and lots of
    your favorite beverage.  You can dip the wings and/or the celery. ENJOY!
sar
usenet: decvax!decwrl!rhea!koala!robins

Gary here --  here is a recipe that I found on the back of a
TYSON WINGFLINGS bag (precut wing pieces available at Back-Door
Meats in Sunnyvale).

BUFFALO FIRE WINGS (what else could it be?)
for 1/2 half bag of wings (2.5lbs) -
1/2 bag wingflings
1/2 cup margarine
1/2-3/4 cup Franks Louisiana Hot Sauce (or the like)
2 Pkgs (.6oz each) dry Italian Salad Dressing Mix
2 T lemon juice
1/2 t  dry basil

Fry unbreaded WINGFLINGS according to directions (still frozen
in HOT oil until very crispy).  Melt margarine and stir in the
remaining ingredients.  Coat cooked Wings with sauce and bake
10 minutes in oven at 350 degrees F.  Serve with Bleu Cheese
dressing, celery sticks, and carrot sticks (some things remain
the same...).

             You get the sauce - I'll get the fire extinguisher!

Thanks to all who contributed!

             Gary
(hplabs, allegra) oliveb!oliven!gnome