[net.music] Ron Geesin?

nessus@mit-eddie.UUCP (Doug Alan) (10/07/85)

> From: barth@tellab1.UUCP (Barth Richards)

>				      "If God's up there,
>				       then we're his excrement."
>                                      -Ron Geesin

Ron Geesin cowrote "Music from 'The Body'" with Roger Waters.  It's a
really nice album.   What else has Ron Geesin done?  What is it like?
What is "The Body" like?

			"More than Seven Dwarfs in Penis-Land"

			 Doug Alan
			  nessus@mit-eddie.UUCP (or ARPA)

barth@tellab1.UUCP (Barth Richards) (10/10/85)

In article <16@mit-eddie.UUCP> nessus@mit-eddie.UUCP (Doug Alan) writes:

>> From: barth@tellab1.UUCP (Barth Richards)
>
>>				      "If God's up there,
>>				       then we're his excrement."
>>                                      -Ron Geesin
>
>Ron Geesin cowrote "Music from 'The Body'" with Roger Waters.  It's a
>really nice album.   What else has Ron Geesin done?  What is it like?
>What is "The Body" like?
>
>			"More than Seven Dwarfs in Penis-Land"
>
>			 Doug Alan
>			  nessus@mit-eddie.UUCP (or ARPA)

If by asking "What is 'The Body' like?" you mean the movie for which the music
was writen and recorded, then I'm afraid I can't help you. I didn't see it. I
read somewhere that it is an educational film on the human body.

If, however, you mean the album, then I can tell you that it's very strange.
I would warn those of you out there in netland to approach this album with
due caution. This is not an album for the sound of mind. (That's all right,
after listening to this album for the first time, you won't be.)

Ron Geesin also helped Pink Floyd with the writing and arranging of THE ATOM
HEART MOTHER SUITE. He has released at least one album on his own, and several
(I think) with his group Egg, although I think that that was awhile ago.

He has also published a book of poems, short vignettes, though fragments, wise
philosophical musings and observations, and mental encrustations of a confusing
nature entitled FALABLES, subtitled ALL FAIRY TALES WOULD HAVE BEEN WRONG.

				      Barth Richards
				      Tellabs, Inc.
				      Lisle, IL

				      "If God's up there, we're his excrement."
				      -Ron Geesin