[comp.graphics] Frank Thomas

chmilar@calgary.UUCP (Michael Chmilar) (12/05/87)

In article <35470@sun.uucp>, mae%vygr@Sun.COM (Mike Ekberg, Sun {Graphics Product Division}) writes:
> Siggraph had a panel with a couple of Disney animators on it. One was
> a bit antangonistic about computer graphics, as he likes to draw by
> hand(Glen somebody) and they other was mildly for it(Frank(?) somebody, one
> of the 9(?) Old Men).

The elderly gentleman was Frank Thomas, who is one of the original
Disney animators.  My impression was that he quite liked computer
animation, but that it was best left to the "youngsters".  I think
his main concern is that the computer animators should use the
techniques developed at Disney for character animation.  He was
very complementary of John Lasseter in this regard.

--
Michael Chmilar,  University of Calgary,
..!{ihnp4,seismo!mnetor}!alberta!calgary!chmilar

	"What's your sign?"		|	"Strive for
	"It depends on my angle!"	|	 vertical!"