[net.cooks] Wanted: Guacamole Recipe

dhd@hou5e.UUCP (11/14/83)

I need a recipe for guacamole as it is used in many Mexican dishes.
Can you help?
			dan dawdy
			hou5e!dhd

sjf@pyuxbb.UUCP (11/15/83)

Guacamole is easy to make--the most important thing is that the avocados be
ripe.  (See endless articles on this subject in this group!)

2 avocados
1 clove garlic
2 teas. lemon juice
salt to taste

1. "mush" the advocados until creamy.
2. crush garlic and add to advocados.
3. add lemon and salt, chill.

This is traditional mexican guacamole.  Some other versions include
tomatoes, etc., but this is more like "salsa".

Scott Foster
AT&T Bell Laboratories
eagle!pyuxbb!sjf

rogers@uicsg.UUCP (11/16/83)

#R:hou5e:-86000:uicsg:4400008:000:1127
uicsg!rogers    Nov 15 09:26:00 1983

                                   GUACAMOLE
                                    serves 4

			    by Bill Rogers & Bill Jones

          1 large or two med ripe avocados
          juice of 1/2 lime
          3/4 cup red, ripe tomato, seeded and cut into small cubes
          salt
          1/2 cup finely minced onion
          1 or 2 fresh or canned serrano chilies, finely chopped
          lots of corn  chips

               Cut the avocado in half and peel it.  Discard the  pit.
          Scoop  the  pulp  into a mixing bowl and add the lime juice.
          Put 1/2 the minced onion and the chilies into a food proces-
          sor  and  process  to a fine paste.  Use discretion with the
	  chilies, they can make your guacamole very hot very quickly.
	  Using a knife and fork, cut the avocado pulp back and forth
	  until smooth but coarse. The texture must not be too smooth.
	  Add  the  onion  mixture  and salt to taste and blend.  When
	  ready  to  serve,  add  the  remaining chopped onion and the
	  drained tomato.  Mix well.
               Best served with lots of cold beer.

cak@CS-Arthur (Christopher A Kent) (04/11/84)

Here's a very easy guacamole recipe (perfect for impulse preparation
during a commercial):

Split and skin an avocado; remove pit, place meat in a bowl. Add taco
sauce (I use Old El Paso HOT) to taste; blend with pastry blender (the
perfect device for this). Add chiles if you like it hotter. Presto!

Cheers,
chris

rob@asgb.UUCP (04/12/84)

Date: Thu, 12-Apr-84 06:58:10 PST

ht sprinkle

wf garlic powder, and about a quarter teaspoon of loriander (powder).
Also, if you have a little sour cream, a tablespoon of that is OK too.

rob@asgb.UUCP (04/12/84)

(This line is POISONED, in hopes of KILLING the mystical line eater)

> Here's a very easy guacamole recipe (perfect for impulse preparation
> during a commercial):

> Split and skin an avocado; remove pit, place meat in a bowl. Add taco
> sauce (I use Old El Paso HOT) to taste; blend with pastry blender (the
> perfect device for this). Add chiles if you like it hotter. Presto!

	I like this style of guacamole; simple but good.  I do like to
add, however, about 1/4 tsp. of coriander and about 1/8 tsp. of garlic
powder.  Occasionally, if I have some handy, I'll throw in about a
tablespoon of sour cream.  MMMmmmmmmm...........

		Rob Greenbank
		("everything tastes OK around a compfire!")